Author Topic: 100 years of motoring  (Read 3471 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
100 years of motoring
« on: May 29, 2010, 11:33:08 AM »
got my copy in the post today ! a great book really superb , all taken by press association photographers . no great bubble photos but some of interest including the frisky one . i was going to scan a few prints for the website but dont want to ruin anyones enjoyment! a photo from 1966 shows the four wheel Peel !  didnt even know there was one other than their earlier mini based exercise, its a trident but with four wheels . did this car reach production ? ive never heard of one but then i am not a Peel man . surely it would have ben a great little thing but perhaps by 1966 too late. theres also the the Peel P50 prototype that we are more familiar with. the real value of the book is in the social changes depicted from WWI and WWII through the 50's and 60's.pop stars fashions, those motor show models  ;)  ;) nudge nudge and innovations such as motorways and speedtraps racing and motorcycling etc. etc. get one from RUMCAR
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977