Author Topic: THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY  (Read 24554 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY
« on: May 28, 2010, 11:28:36 AM »
SUNDAY 25TH JULY 2010

This year the Open Day will revert to a one day, low key event on the Sunday only and anyone is invited with or without a microcar.  However, anyone travelling a long distance is more than welcome to park a caravan or pitch a tent in our field overnight.  There is a water point but that is all, none of the other refinements usually found in an official camp site, there is however a toilet block within the farm yard...  For those wishing B&B accommodation there are three places in Hawkenbury including the local hostelry but they do tend to get booked up in the summer.  Email me for details.  Should we have any visitors on Saturday we will light the BBQ as usual and you can cook your own grub, both Saturday evening and breakfast the next morning if you wish.  We look forward to seeing all the regulars and maybe some new faces too.   Jean and family
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 12:26:00 PM »
Sadly there is a very good chance that work in Cumbria will keep me away again, but fingers crossed!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 10:24:20 AM »
Sadly there is a very good chance that work in Cumbria will keep me away again, but fingers crossed!

Hey, that's my line. Not looked yet but is the same weekend as the MOC rally. Might be worth going down to do both especially if it avoids standing in a field in the middle of nowhere getting bored. I have a chum at Hawkhurst.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 05:48:57 AM »
MOC 16 - 18 July Mr H so bring something interesting to RUM.......

and I don't mean Cyphus...   In fact where is Stuart?  not seen too many postings of late?
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
Yep not a clash this year, which is probobly good for the most folk. I am tempted to bring something down as it goes. A lot of folk I have not seen for yonks and a lot of cars I know not a lot about so the old grey matter can have an outing too. Still sorting dates as a lot going on.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 10:22:43 PM »
 Ooh 'eck! All of a sudden I realise its only a fortnight countdown to one of the two highest spots of my micro year! Yep, it's the Open Day in 14 days time!   :o  I'll be there, come what may as usual, & depending how things pan out, possibly even with a vehicle.   :o   Though if its anything like three years ago, I sharn't know exacally how I'm doing it until 24 hours beforehand, but as in other years gone by, I'm fully prepared to walk there....    ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 11:15:50 AM »
Well its only a week away now, who's going?

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 12:27:07 PM »
 Latest newsflash from here is that I've managed to blag the van from work!!!!   ;D  Oh goody, now I don't have to walk it, plus it also means I can bring something along doesn't it....   ;)  Alas, the Bamby woun't fit in this Vivaro, so I can't bring that (but fret not, that'll be at the National where I've got a lwb high-top Sprinter on order).  The Comtesse has already been to the Farm is it twice now? Plus that's a bit buried under the pile these days. Hmm, I suppose I could always bring along my more recent something-small-&-as-yet-unseen. (A certain Mafia knows what I mean...)    8)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 04:43:14 PM »
Dear Bob and Stuart

I shall be there to see fair play from all who enter the farm gate. As usual I will be there with a guest and without my trusty Elswick. Knowing how Bob does not like to be reminded of such vehicles, I am sensative to his needs.

I look forward to seeing you all again in person.

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 04:46:06 PM »
VERY unlikely for me, deadline imminent!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 05:01:09 PM »

Knowing how Bob does not like to be reminded of such vehicles, I am sensative to his needs.

Still doesn't stop me though does it......    ;)

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »
Hi Jean
           I wil Probably miss this event, as I will not have a microcar to bring, my Trojan was damaged by a lawn mower ( you read it right ) and seeing how the diffucty was last year when I was not allowed to bring my van onto the site I will not try it again.
                                                                                                                                                        Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 07:27:47 PM »
Mike, whats wrong with bringing your Goggo Coupe?

Chris and Stuart, I thought I had already mentioned the fact that I quite like the Elswick Envoy, I wish you would bring it along because I havent had a chance to look one over in the flesh before. Is it a runner? Its those six wheeler kit cars of yours that I'm not a fan of. Stuart, are you going to bring this orange think you have been dropping hints about all year? I'm kind of hoping that its an Outspan Mini and not a Peel. I love them although strickly speaking they are not microcars being basicly a mini with a huge fiberglass orange on top!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 07:41:03 PM »

Stuart, are you going to bring this orange think you have been dropping hints about all year? I'm kind of hoping that its an Outspan Mini and not a Peel. I love them although strickly speaking they are not microcars being basicly a mini with a huge fiberglass orange on top!

Just took a closer look at my star turn & it's turned out to be blue & white!  I think I've gone coulour-blind!   :-\

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 07:45:22 PM »
Ah the orange bit was cryptic then. Have you bought a new tent for this year? By the way the number plates on Thumper are those white plastic letters type which I dont like and am replaceing them with pressed aluminium ones, do you want the old ones?