Author Topic: THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY  (Read 24493 times)

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
Re: THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
Hi Bob
            The Goggo engine is in pieces, I was planning to bring down the Trojan, till it was damaged by my local council, then I thought I give my CA van a run down to Jean's day, but seeing as Chris is on the gate I don't think I bother getting in another row with him - ( like last year ) maybe I will get the car repaired in time!!!

Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 08:55:24 PM »
Hi Mike. I didnt realise you had the goggo striped down. Bad luck with the lawn mower. Do bring the van if you dont have a microcar running, there will not be a problem, firstly there will be no issue with space this time and secondly we will all jump on Chris! ;)

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 09:36:14 PM »
Hi all ,
    Well Bubbly wont be coming with me,  but sitting peacefully in the garage , but I shall be giving her an outing this weekend .
         I shall be bringing her photos to Staplehurst just to show if anyone asks me . She is red , VERY photogenic   
             & loves people waving at her.  Its just a bit too far for me to bring her without a trailer.
                        Just give me a job to keep me busy please , so I dont miss Bubbly being there.
                            Looking forward to the meet , & a FAB day out.
                                           Jackie     

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 12:07:02 AM »
 Yes please Bob on Thumpers old plates.  :-* Mucho Ta in advance.  Tent-spotters will either be pleased or dismayed to hear that the amazing disintergrating tent modeled by me last year no longer exists, though the backup, the World's Smallest Tent as modeled by me at the Peel Rally does! Mind you, for this year I'm buying a £15 camp bed from Argos & dossing down in the stables. Far more civilised than a bit of canvas & a lot less mucking about at gone midnight spending twenty minnites pumping up an airbed only for it to go flat again instatly (last year again) Well, in the gloom I didn't notice there was two bungs which had to be inserted. Nor did I notice until four days later!   I can see now why everyone has a camper van given half a chance.....    ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 08:21:01 AM »
My leg has once again become infected so all bets are off until I can get it settled again. I had thought to bring the Larmar down but one of the things that is bad for my leg is driving and standing for long periods. Annoying as it had been so much better recently but I probobly therefore overdid it working. Certainly got bruised moving panels for the monocoques. Still it seems Root has made his own arrangements so at least that is a bonus.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2010, 10:47:12 AM »
Myself and Mr Baylis will be down on the Saturday to help set things up, I may be camping the night if Mrs P doesn't come otherwise I will nip back home and sleep in a real bed and return Sunday with the Memsahib. I think I may have mentioned it but I will bring said Memsahibs G-wiz so we can all have a go!

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2010, 11:31:11 AM »
Hi Bob
          My Nissan has been returned from the panelbeaters, after a Bus hit it outside my house ( as you know were are not on a bus route - the bus took a wrong turning and hit my car!! )
The Bus company were quite adament and thier driver did not admit to the accident, it was at night, but fortuantly I had a witness, and the car was repaired ( I have not had much luck with my cars recently !!) .

So therefore I have a towbar and can bring down my 1951 Mochet or whats left of it so you can see what I've bought, It needs wheels, a windscreen, a seat, and headlights - it has its original Zurcher engine and was registered in Paris ( for Stuarts benifit ) .

If I can park it on the Lawn - it cannot be moved off the trailer because it has no wheels - what do you think?

Mike

« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 11:35:46 AM by g-o-g-g-o »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2010, 01:37:41 PM »
You havnt had much luck with your cars lately have you! Hit by Lost buses, scratched by lawn mowers, I would put your Newly repaired Nissan round the back before it gets savaged by a stray garden strimmer! :D About bringing the mochet, I cant see a problem, after all you bought the Coronet the other year and it stayed on the trailer. Thats exactly the kind of rare micro we all want to see. Having said that I'm not actually in charge, just one of the helpers but as I said before, space will not be an issue as its just a scaled down open day this year.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 04:16:57 PM »
hi Bob just watch for those injuns if camping .praps u need a tepee for the weekend. no ! not a toupee ! show the injuns youre already scalped u will be safe then  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 06:49:18 PM »
A man goes into the doctors and says I'm really worried, one minute I think I'm a wigwam and the next minute I think I'm a tepee, the Doc replies, "I know whats wrong with you, your too tense!! "  Boom Boom!! :D :D

And less of the cheek young man! I would have thought that with a name like Dick you would keep your head down! ;)

But, yes, I will watch out for the injuns and the cowboys for that matter. Are you coming down for the openday? If so try not to eat biscuits whilst driving. ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2010, 09:41:18 AM »
Messerschmitt game of old on long runs on motorway. Boredom, biscuits, hungry. Therefore what more sensable thing to do than to drive three abreast and throw biscuits through the open windows of the middle car into the one the further side. This still only takes up a carriageway and increases the attention of the drivers. Needless to say if you did it now you would probably be hung drawn and quartered by health and safety who would rather you fell asleep looking for the next parking area on our poorly supplied motorway network supported by expensive signs telling you to stop. My favourite being on the M42 where no possibility of pulling off exists for some 20 miles after the sign, great I wish you had not reminded me I am tired, pass the bikkies, now where is a car with an open window.

Yes I am frustratedly looking at the computer unable to play. Sounds like a good turn out too. Bummer.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2010, 01:52:05 PM »
Mike your Mochet would be more than welcome and of course it can stay on the trailer in the paddock (dare not call it lawn after what the rabbits have done!) no problem.  As Bob says its much more low key this year.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2010, 03:05:46 PM »
shame but absolutely no chance of making it to Jeans ( i have never been , but would love to) i am sitting here contemplating the next 2 weeks work involving travelling nearly 3000 miles inc. weekend return home . i do love Scotland but my god its a long way to go to work when your based on Wirral  :-\ quite honestly the thought of travelling several more hundred miles over a weekend is daunting . please take plenty of picture for us up north - thanks  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2010, 07:28:59 PM »
Shame we shan't see you this time round, may be next year.  Of course if you are ever down this way you are more than welcome to pop in.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2010, 04:16:34 PM »
So long boy you can take my place got my papers I've got my pay
So pack my bags and I'll be on my way to yellow river

Put my guns down the war is won
Fill my glass high the time has come
I'm going back to the place that I love yellow river

Yellow river yellow river is in my mind and in my eyes
Yellow river yellow river is in my blood it's the place I love
Got no time for explanation got no time to lose
Tomorrow night you'll find me
Sleeping underneath the moon at yellow river

Cannon fire lingers in my mind I'm so glad that I'm still alive
And I've been gone for such a long time from yellow river

OK, so subsitute "School House Farm" for "Yellow River" & you get the gist of the above quiote.  ;)  The van's all loaded now with three set-peices of intrest from me as I add a couple of Groombridge relics to the pile. Want to know more? Come & see on Sunday....