Author Topic: THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY  (Read 24548 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: THE HAMMOND COLLECTION OPEN DAY
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 05:05:47 PM »
Ho Ho, that brings back memories Stuart, I used to sing that with a band in1975! Suprised one of your tender years knows it. Wasnt it by a group called Christie of something?

My bags are no where near packed, dont even know if the Wiz will go on the trailer! Just checked the weather and its not looking so good now. ???

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 08:10:43 PM »
Dawn, with Tony Christie?
God I'm sad!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2010, 09:54:15 PM »
dont even know if the Wiz will go on the trailer!

Why don't you drive it there, then you can test how many miles you can get on one charge.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2010, 09:44:16 AM »
Thats a good idea seeing as you are coming with me. When it runs out of charge on the M20 you can push. :D

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2010, 09:28:24 PM »
Hi Jean , Mike ,Andy ,  Cris   & ALL & at School House Farm ,
         Thanks SO much for a LOVELY , informal ,&  informative  open day Lots of Micros fun & gossip .
             If you were not there you REALLY missed out , the weather co operated as well .
         There were Lots  of STARS of the show, but my eye was taken by a delightful Frisky & a Mochet & naturally the 
                    Inter which I actually saw running ! All be it back to the museum . Excellant work chaps.
                             Wish I could have bought Bubbly but NEXT TIME ..............
                           THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE FOR YOUR HARD WORK ,Can we have some pics please ?
                                    It WAS FAB     Jackie

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 09:21:20 AM »
Ditto to the above. A great day out once again. Frisky? Even I missed that?! [or did you mean the one in the bubble shed?]
Many thanks to the Hammonds for once again hosting a delightfull event.
I also enjoyed seeing Mike Shepherds Mochet, I had forgotten how small they are in real life and how nicely the bodies were crafted. Captain Cyphus , young Planty and myself as stewards camped there the night before so as to be on duty bright and early , the Saturday evening proved to be quite a giggle. Mike Plant having "lost" one of his tent poles spent an hour proping the tent up by means of twigs,bits of string tied to and adjacent fence etc, he also had Mike Cook cycling backwards and forwards to the Farm house gathering cellotape and beanpoles which the youngster unceremoniously snapped in half to support his temporary structure! When he had just about finished and Mr Cook had made half a dozen journeys to help him I wandered over to inspect the work, standing alongside the tent I looked down and saw a bright yellow tent pole laying on the ground, I said "Whats this then?" Having discovered the "missing"  item just sitting there in full view there followed much profanity and steam bellowing from the ears of both Mikes!! :D  Most amusing!! This followed by a nice pub meal and a good jaw with the family and other early arrivals finished the evening off perfectly. The nights sleep on the camp field wasn't so good though, earlier young Jamie aged 12 whilst pitching his tent near to mine said " Bob, shall I make you a cup of tea in the morning?, to which I replied yes, that would be nice. I was awakened from deep slumber by a voice through the tent fabric saying "are you ready for the tea now?", the time was 4.50 am!!! Funny how kids lose all sense of time when camping! My reply, " ask me again in three hours!"  All good fun though.  As Jackie said, lets have some photos posted up.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:55:08 PM by Bob Purton »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2010, 04:55:37 PM »
 Behold! The first pics of Open Day 2010....   :)

Mystery essex collecter

• Occasional
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2010, 11:13:36 PM »
I would just like to say thanks to everyone for a lovely day and making us feel so welcome. It was good to meet you all at long last!
Wayne  :)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 07:56:41 AM »
It was good to meet you too Wayne along with your good lady. The mystery essex collector is no longer a mystery! ;)

Mystery essex collecter

• Occasional
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2010, 10:01:50 PM »
Yes your right Bob, I had to come out sooner or later!
It was really nice to see you on Sunday, enjoyed talking to you and hope to see you again in the not to distant future.
What a coincidence with the two Lesley's sharing the same name, you must have all thought there was something funny going on!