Author Topic: National Rally 2010  (Read 12263 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
National Rally 2010
« on: June 04, 2010, 10:23:09 AM »
36th (Inter) NATIONAL
MICRO CAR RALLY
TO BE HELD AT THE THREE COUNTIES SHOWGROUND MALVERN, WORCESTERSHIRE 2nd to 5th September 2010 Organised by Nick Haddon & Ray Dilks (On behalf of Heinkel Trojan Club)
PLEASE NOTE: ENTRANCE TO THE RALLY SITE IS VIA YELLOW GATE
On site there are recently refurbished toilet /shower blocks; we are also negotiating with on site catering for breakfasts and evening meals; there will be a bar on Friday & Saturday evenings
Programme: Thursday 2nd September—12.00pm Rally opens 14.30pm Short run for guided tour of Morgan Motor Co. Price £10 each (max. 20 people) - if enough interest a further 20 could visit—let Ray or Nick know a.s.a.p. if you are interestedin visiting this venue as places are limited. Friday 3rd September—Possible further visit to Morgan Motor Co. at 9.00am; Scenic road run to Avoncroft Museum of Historical Buildings; cost £5 per car inc. 2 people; tickets available at rally control; evening gathering in the on site Teme Hall with bar or quiet chat in Leddon Hall (no bar) . Saturday 4th September—A day on Severn Valley railway leaving site at 9.30am for a scenic drive to Kidderminster station (hopefully to catch 12.35 pm train). Cost £12.95 per adult for Freedom Ticket (normal price £15.50) Child £7.50 - Tickets will be on sale at rally control.; evening gathering in the on site Teme hall with bar and music or quiet chat in Leddon Hall (no bar) .
Sunday 5th September—Rally display; Club Stands & auto jumble (open to public);
Camping costs—Motorhome/Caravan £12.00 per night Tent £10.00 per night Autojumble/Club Stand £10.00 Rally Entrance £ 6.00
www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk For further details contact: Nick - nick.haddon@btopenworld.com or 0121 5850094; Ray - raydilks@ntlworld.com or 01773 782688
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: National Rally 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 08:06:56 AM »
I am suprised that there has been no discussion of this event now in its third day of activities after the great interest shown in Ken's event. Does this reflect the interest in microcar activity in Britain as oppose to America? We will find out shortly.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 08:45:01 AM »
Me too, especially as it includes a rare chance to visit the factory where Morgan cars are made, and have been made for about 100 years, unique in the world.

Sadly work has been very demanding for me recently, and although I am over the worst of it I have loads of chores to finish and an exhibition this week end, so yet again I cannot get to an event.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 05:24:22 PM »
was a great show,very good turn out of cars great scenery on the road run to the steam train which was an interesting ride (standing up !!)  ::)
Good to see all the schmitts ,isettas the rollera,kleinschnittger,googo van,p50 etc etc.
All in all a nice well organized weekend apart from the rain at lunch time today which didn't dampen the spirit of things :-)
Ollie

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 09:53:51 PM »
Yep was good.  Nice run out on Sat and all made the trundle save just one.

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Dom

• Just Starting
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 09:59:58 PM »
Had a great time, a nice collection of cars and good to meet many of the people from this website.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 09:58:02 AM »
The trip over to the National with the Larmar and new Messerschmitt Monocoque was aborted.  The Larmar has been dry stored for 50 years and I have no intention of getting it wet if it can be avoided. Clearly a new bare metal monocoque wants no water on it either. I got as far as Stroud where it started raining, I therefore checked out a collectable vehicular retail opportunity, worth having I think, and then called in on Alec in the hopes it might go away and he might join me in the trip on. None of the immediate guys in the area seemed to be attending either. Even Jules cried off having left the Dorset Steam Fair to pop up. Alec 'phoned a friend confirming Malvern was wet. This chap had been over on Saturday to be stunned at the ranks of campervans required to support the microcars present. Pity that the Sunday was a let down as the weather had been perfect until the Sunday Morning and I have still yet to be to Malvern when it has not rained. Reports suggest the prior activities had been well received. On judgement the expenditure of an extra £10 in fuel and £6 entrance was to much for the remaining time to watch the campers make for home after their long weekend, the majority of which had been as bright as you like. If it had remained fine there would have been an influx of day visitors to finish the event off with a flourish and add interest to those doing the long weekend.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
I am suprised that there has been no discussion of this event now in its third day of activities after the great interest shown in Ken's event. Does this reflect the interest in microcar activity in Britain as oppose to America? We will find out shortly.
No discussion until today.  There were no internet facilities to broadcast live from the event but then again why would you want to ?. Sitting in your motorhome on a laptop, I don't think so :D
There was so much to do and see for four days why waste your time posting updates on the Forum.  Everyone who is anyone in the microcar world was present and has experienced first hand the legendry event.  This was a Microcar rally in every sense and numbers present were significantly higher than any event in America.
More detail and pictures to come later I suspect.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 01:47:32 PM »
No discussion until today.  There were no internet facilities to broadcast live from the event but then again why would you want to ?. Sitting in your motorhome on a laptop, I don't think so :D
There was so much to do and see for four days why waste your time posting updates on the Forum.  Everyone who is anyone in the microcar world was present and has experienced first hand the legendry event.  This was a Microcar rally in every sense and numbers present were significantly higher than any event in America.
More detail and pictures to come later I suspect.

Indeed. Grant looked into the jaws of death flouting every health and safety law known in the first world.  If you've ever watched the documentary "Man on a Wire"  http://kenyonreview.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/petit3a.JPG then it can be likened to this sort of insanity. I could barely watch!

However working on a Frisky propped on a bin the wrong way up or tightrope walking between the two WTC's is nothing compared to driving a Peel on the queens highway.

That gentlemen is the actions of a lunatic!  

(Even Lord Cyphus took his chances assisting the Frisky task. What next Captain C?  Bomb disposal expert!..! Route 66 in the Bamby?)  

That aside Alan no excuses for not attending sans Micro. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 01:49:17 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »
Sunday at the Rally and not a brolly in sight!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 03:46:48 PM »
 Here we go then bubble-fans, behold: pictures from Malvern, hot off the ICR camera.

First up we have Grant cought in the act of defying gravity, uttering expletives & calling repeatedly for the big hammer....

Suprise to many, Grant did not meet his maker under there despite the plastic bin creaking ominusly under the weight of a rusty Frisky, but here's one little car which did meet it's maker during the day: My Bamby, rubbing up to Alan Evans & Mrs Alan. & yes, they remembered the car personaly!  :)

Elsewhere, you don't see one of these everyday!

And of course the stars of the show: the Frisky's. THIRTEEN of the little bleepers! All moring long they were pouring in & just when you thought they'd all arived, up poped another one to the sounds of raptus appluse & camera flashes. Come prize-giving, there was only one man to whom the Spirit of the National award was at all worthy.......  ;D  

Meanwhile, my only downer of the whole day was that once again I totally failed to bag the Grot award.  :'(  Ho humm, one day it will be mine......    ::)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 03:54:08 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 04:11:10 PM »
Nice photos, thanks fellows! Is that John Meadows getting the trophy? And Peter Jones now with beard.
Wish I could have been there!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »
Indeed excellent photos and nice sub titles, well done Stuart how I wish i had been there! Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 06:26:08 PM »
 A few further views to make those who weren't, wish they were...

This beat me to the Grot award: Yah boo sucks & Raspberrys.   ::)

Something else you don't see everyday.....

...and yet more of those pesky Frisky's!

I think I fell in love with this one below....   :)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 11:31:28 PM »
Thanks for the pics, Sir Stuart !!!

More more more of them   ;D ;D ;D