Author Topic: National Rally 2010  (Read 12048 times)

jackiep

• Chatty
Re: National Rally 2010
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 12:01:30 AM »
Looks a wonderful show & HOW I WISH I was there , but A new arrival in the family , I have a new born grandaughter today .
    NEXT year I  am DEFINATELY GOING with Bubbly ( thats my car NOT the booze ) come hell or highwater .
      Well done to all who made it    Jackie

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 08:48:44 AM »
Congrats Jackie! 
But why not take Bubbly AND lots of bubbly?!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 09:08:39 AM »
Alan,
The reason you have not heard much is because we were there.
Etc
You missed a great rally.

I was not aware I was making an excuse. I was stating a fact, which might seem pathetic, but reflects my own problems with motivation. If I had a Frisky I would have been there to be sure. This idea of the year of ..... is a good one. I have a Schmitt on the road, thank you, but how many do you want to look at in one place. At the moment I would rather sell it! The National is more interesting because of the rarer vehicles rather the number of more common machinery, I feel. Many types of which I have found, sold on in Britain and then seen exported for a profit later so do not come that old chestnut that flogged all my cars abroad. It is exactly that attitude that adds to my reluctance to attend as no one believes I was ethical in trading nor that I no longer trade - that would be buying and selling stuff for profit. I therefore get petitioned and knifed by equal measure on site. Yes the van was used to attend events, with spares in it or a car extra when I was working. I would suggest that is a tad different to a campervan. I later used an Eriba Puck but it did not work for me. I sincerely hope and am pleased it was a great event for all who attended.

No one else is going to sort out my private hassles but myself. Once done I will be free to re-focus on what my hobby will involve. I still wish to do Microcar tours to wild places. If, as of now, I once again seem likely to be moving north I will be far better positioned to join the Maniacs events which should serve to enthuse me. I might even yet build Buster Bubblevessel, I have the engine I needed now, and join the campervans even if it will be a slightly eccentric way of doing so. The real reason for my depressive reactions is something I hope you never experience. Having no idea of where you are going to live, 4 years of the Family Estate now, while others squander your money and investments despite my shoring them up from a position of weakness. I had it confermed I lost several tens of thousands of pounds last week unless I can create a way to save a position not of my own making. Frankly I was and am not great company at the moment. I do not have money to burn, I live on minimal income. At least my problems are not as bad as some folk staring total melt down in the face so I do not claim sympathy.

I might well take a sabbatical on Microcars in fact while I sort this latest mess out. Still absorbing the situation and gaining info on options. All I can see is a huge amount of work to retrieve the situation which I fear I am the only one smart enough in the family to undertake, if I am allowed. The last thing I want to do is sell the core collection of Microcars I have but the automobilia and extra projects are probably going to have to go now as I need to refinance.

Great Pictures. I wonder if anyone from the MEC was present to do a write up. I am told that there was a very good turn out of Messerschmitts which tend to disappoint at the National for some reason. I wonder if this was due to the MOC rally being far south earlier in the year. Numbers? Not the main judge of a good event. It is more about the taking part and ambiance and the Friskys must have added to that.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 06:08:46 PM »

I wonder if anyone from the MEC was present to do a write up. I am told that there was a very good turn out of Messerschmitts which tend to disappoint at the National for some reason.

Around 30 present including 7 Tg500s.  MEC Commitee/Area reps present included Roger Hall, Pete Darby, Chris Jones, Andy Carter and Graham Johnston.  No official MEC presence but Pete Darby did have a stall.  The MOC had Partsmart and a 'drop in Gazebo' offering members refreshments.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:41:16 PM by scootacar »

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
Thank you for all your kind comments and the Cup presented to me at the National on Sunday.
It took me completely by surprise, I was lost for words (very unusual for me!)

The people who really deserved the award were the Frisky owners who promised to bring their cars. Every single one turned up, nobody let me down most travelled great distances just to be there for the day and be part of the Grand Frisky Line Up.

It was they who made it the success it was and I can only say “THANK YOU” I hope you all had as much fun as Jan and I did. It was a great Frisky day and coinciding as it did with my 70th Birthday a super birthday present for me.

Keith Peckmore and Mark Stone said they both had an amazing day which they would not have missed for the world. I hope you all enjoyed talking Frisky with them.

At the moment my broadband is down yet again and likely to be for another week. I am typing this in my car about 500yds up the lane from my cottage were for some reason the adjoining fields have an available broadband connection!!. I’ll never understand this technology!!  But my apologies to those of you wondering why I don’t answer your emails

Once again thank you all for making it the success it was

John Meadows
The Frisky man  (well perhaps not that Frisky at 70!)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2010, 06:57:16 PM »

John Meadows
The Frisky man  (well perhaps not that Frisky at 70!)

Once Frisky, always Frisky  ;)

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2010, 09:27:52 PM »
Errrrrrrrrrrrrr......................you haven't met my twin brother  have you...................honest!!