Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 2642 times)

Big Jim

• Occasional
Hello there
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:26:03 PM »
Hi there folks. New to the forum so I thought I would introduce myself.
I own a 1959 Nobel that I retreived from a garden where it had sat since 1963. I have had Nobby for a few years now and am just about to start the restoration.
I live in South West Wales and would welcome any advice or comments from others in the forum.
If at first you don't succeed, try a bigger hammer.
If that doesn't work, you have an electrical problem.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Hello there
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 07:24:21 AM »
Hello and welcome Jim! I know little about Nobel mechanicals etc, but this should be a good place for you to get some help and interest.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:19:39 AM »
My advice would be limited on South West Wales other than to move to North Wales because there is more oil there, snigger.

Nobels seem to be a hot topic at the moment with a few hitting the road and under restoration. Need some sort of question to direct info at really but I am not the Nob expert, I just get them going. So some stuff is general, some Sachs related and some very Nobel.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 06:15:14 PM »
Have you got your Nobel on the Register?  There is a special sub-Register for Nobels which is run by Mike Ayriss which is the best place to start for information when embarking on a restoration.  You can Register your car via the web site, go to About the Register from the Home page and halfway down that screen you will find you can download a registration form which should be sent off to Alastair Lauchland.  Don't forget that there is also a regular page about Nobels in each issue of RUMCAR NEWS.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars