Author Topic: Sachs part required  (Read 4300 times)

Big Jim

• Occasional
Sachs part required
« on: June 14, 2010, 11:13:39 PM »
Hi there I have finally sent my Nobels engine for repair (rebore and new piston) The only part it appears to be missing is the cover that bolts to the side of the engine and acts as an air duct for the fan on the end of the crank. Does any one have one for sale or knows if repros are available.

Cheers Jim
If at first you don't succeed, try a bigger hammer.
If that doesn't work, you have an electrical problem.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Sachs part required
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:23:11 AM »
No repros available as far as I know. I assume this is the dynostarter cover. Now I do not recall if this has a slightly differing profile to the normal Sachs due to the fixed steel chaincase. I know something was different down there. If it is a standard cowl they are about. If it is a Nob special it will probobly be a bit more difficult to source.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:33:54 AM »
I think the cowlings are the same for Nobby and Schmitt engines. Do you want the circular part that goes over the fan or the upper cowling halves that cover the barrel? All these parts come up sometimes on ebay. Best bet is join the MOC and raid the used parts shed. The guy in Holland has used ones try this link http://www.messerschmitt.nl/home.html

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:49:22 AM »
There is an instalation of Sachs where the rear of the dynostarter cowl is thinner than normal where it is nearest to the drive sprocket. I cannot recall which though. The fan cover is likewise slightly modified.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs