Author Topic: Take Off out now  (Read 3134 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Take Off out now
« on: June 15, 2010, 10:00:18 AM »
The third of the revamped Take Off magazine after the Etest Pilot was produced at the turn of the year is due out today. Though I say so myself this has become one of the best microcar magazines available thanks to Mark Hindell and use of modern techniques and tools getting a good responce from the MEC membership plus no one is paid to produce it. See KaRoScene for snippets and downloads. The Messerschmitt Enthusiasts Club is not sniffy about Nobels either so by all means use the facility if suits. Membership is steadily rising and we look to be having a second event this year, weekend after the National at Toddington - a previous National venue - since interest has been expressed. From the ashes.....
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Ollie

• Chatty
Re: Take Off out now
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:59:51 PM »
Sounds good.It is a good read  :)
Any news on the rubber floor mats as yet or are all parts still not available from the MEC ?
Regards
Ollie

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 08:58:02 AM »
The spares have been collected from the Bubblecar Museum now. I had to make a day free a week ago as the Coopers are moving to a new property and no one else has volunteered to get the bits over the last 7 months! I actually collected my own private spares stock as well so that means that Schmittbits is now not really operational anymore unless for Mike's parts and that probably after he has been able to reorganise himself round the new premises. I do not know what his plans are for Schmittbits from then. He may take my spares back in and continue to trade, I do not know.
My parts made up about a third of the stock I removed from Lincolnshire, Mike having sold quite well. I am not looking to restock. Much of the stuff I have is left over from old Mannheim trips. That said I will be doing new points backplates complete, coils, black boxes and a few dynostarters when I have time to put the parts through the workshop over a winter so they are ready to market. This lot mainly came from Dolphin who I cleared out a few years ago. I am not going to say never but I think it unlikely I will be investing further in spares sales. I prefer to have the cars as a hobby again despite peeps still insisting I am trading. It is true it is like farming and you never totally stop doing a bit but only because it turns up under my nose.
The MEC spares now await stock reconciliation for which I need accounts. That is not to say I cannot sell parts but I am not going to actively advertise them unless anyone wishes to buy the stock as a job lot. This because we do not have anyone prepared to run a service. That being the case we will be better served using our funds and skills in targeting individual items that are not made or overpriced. Domes, Teleflex cable, Cabriolet hoods etc. So anyone who has £2,336 to buy a retail opportunity of some 25% margin can get in touch. This money can be added to a sizable MEC fund and targetted into projects to save Schmitters money. That is what a club is for after all. To anyone marketing Schmitt spares or workshop facilities privately it would make good sense to send us an advert to place in Take Off and we can create something for you on KaRoScene. The MEC has always believed in a co-operative approach to spares rather than a corporate type cartel system restricting access and information as to where and what is available.
Rubber mats are on order and will be available from Peter Darby in a few weeks time. He plans to take some to the MOC rally and I suspect the National. These mats can be posted but it is expensive. I cannot give you a price since I do not have confirmation of the delivery costs having not been cleared to make the order myself this time round. I suspect they will have risen by £10 as oil has gone up and that is what they are made of and delivered by.
Trust that answers the question of where we are on MEC spares.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 07:14:42 PM »
Does anyone know if the messerschmitt floor mats are available yet ?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 09:29:15 AM »
No. I hope to collect them on Friday, in which case they might make it to the National. Trouble is a day away is costly to me as I have loads of things I need to be doing which are far more important and no one else seems to be prepared to get them including those who mucked the order up. If I miss that day I am then in Cumbria for a spell. It is probable the entire order is sold which makes the situation even more ridiculous. I am about ready to throw the towel in on this job as it seems other than two other people no one else is really committed to doing anything. I am not really sure that 'Schmitting remains a viable hobby other than doing it on your own. It used to be really good fun but no one wants to play anymore.