Author Topic: Off to Bubblecar Museum  (Read 2853 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Off to Bubblecar Museum
« on: June 21, 2010, 07:12:44 PM »
Tues, tomorrow, I am off to the Bubblecar Museum to collect a load of stuff including a Messerschmitt. They must be nearing being out of the old site so it will probobly look a little sad. It is really happening though and it will be interesting to see what the new site brings.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Off to Bubblecar Museum
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 07:33:42 PM »
Wish them well!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Off to Bubblecar Museum
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 08:21:50 AM »
It was looking empty. One of the last jobs was moving the cars across the 14 miles so there was a shuttle of vehicles and trailers during the day. I ended up helping doing some loading as on of the tow cars failed and a fix was needed leaving the job a man and car short. A new exhibit has arrived. A very sound looking early low miler Bubbletop Isetta. Despite the exodus the camp site was busy and at least one of the regular campsite inhabitant was helping the move. I assume this gang will move to the new campsite once it is available. The new owners turned up while I was there to liaise as hand over is Friday. Seems it is hoped the buildings will become a workshop and showroom for bespoke furniture and kitchen items. I assume the campsite continues as it seems to generate good income.
A lot of work and I have a better idea where the new site is now. It will be interesting to see how the new site will build on what they learned from the old one. I think the facilities and collection on display will be better for the move. It sounds as if the display will be a bit more than just Microcars too which for Joe Public is probably a senseable move. So we are heading into a gestation period before the Museum re launches next year.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs