Author Topic: The Dutch Magazine  (Read 2726 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
The Dutch Magazine
« on: June 26, 2010, 09:27:55 PM »
I have just seen a copy of the Dutch Magazine "1 op 20" which contains an article about the new Museum in Thailand with lots of pictures.  There was a footnote stating there were more pictures on their web site www.dwac.eu    I have been on to their site and I am green with envy there are masses and masses of stills and videos of al kinds of microcars, how I wish we could make our web site that interesting.  Have a look for yourself and see what you think.   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: The Dutch Magazine
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 10:09:31 PM »
It certainly is good! Thanks for the link.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: The Dutch Magazine
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 09:44:39 AM »
This is the museum to which Artur Bohnart, Artura, is associated as buyer and curator of the cars. Many of the cars purchased by him go here but he does supply other collections in the Far East. One good effect is restoration is cheap so quite a few of these cars were pretty rough when found but have been subject to restoration under his supervision. It is an extraordinary collection including more than cars. It seems little known that Asia is buying up microcars at probably at least the same rate as the Americans have been. There are very rich people in these economies and they are doing very much better as national economies than we in the West are at the moment. I am amazed at the ability of the nation and West in general to ignore the shift in the balance of power we handed to Asia with the banking crisis. History will show this was the tipping point unless our political masters really get a grip that they are showing no sign of doing. At least it will see me out before it gets really grim. The Chinese must be laughing at our stupidity. The difference is many of the Asian collections are secret. Not sure why, political, illegal funding, owhy. So the Thai collection is unusual as it is accessable. So for those who fear and loath exports of rare cars be aware that this is where many of them have gone, often sold short because we have a different value system and have ignored the real market for years. However a few have made quite large amounts of money from the trade in cars. Not for me to say who is right or wrong, it is just a fact. There are less and fewer good cars left in our pool for folk to play with. Much of what is left belongs to collections so the active owners are restricted by the source of cars and their alledged value and condition. In effect we are/have exporting/ed are hobby so it cannot grow anymore. Bit daft really.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs