Author Topic: 11 well fed men  (Read 3817 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
11 well fed men
« on: July 11, 2010, 02:26:46 PM »
 :D  a new clearer photo of the Brutsch pfeil ( dart ) as only maybe 6 cars were ever made and my car needs body repairs i wonder if this factory photo of quote '' 11 well fed men '' might explain it all
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: 11 well fed men
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 03:04:48 PM »
Great pic
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:47:10 AM »
What is it with microcars and standing on them to prove they are strong? I have quite a few Australian magazine tests where part of the test, after driving miles ac cross the outback, is to leap on the car and jump up and down. The car is then proclaimed strong. At what point does a small cars design parameters need to exhibit the ability to take an unusually large surface load? It does not make me feel safer as trucks have a habit of not flying, especially when loaded. I would rather know what happens if the car has the New Zealand scrum run into it at full tilt. However having promoted standing on small cars it clearly became a popular pastime and I have had most popular brands, but especially Goggos, where some dullard has thought it would be a major achievement to stand on it. Do people feel the need to stand on Ferraris or Fords?
Mind you there was the famous incident with the Isetta and elephant. No not a mechanical one, Root, down boy.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:24:27 AM »
In the first 50 years of aeroplanes it was also very common practice to get film or photos of the latest machine with people standing on the wings to prove their strength. Bit odd, as the normal loading is the other way up!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 10:50:45 AM »
Nothing like selling a product by exhibiting a benifit of the design that is in fact not important to the function it is made for. I seem to recall tabacco products used to do this. Alchahol adverts are not far behind, When will one just say extra strength cheap tasteless lager - gets you pissed real quick! Modern car adverts seem to often be unintellegable as to quite what point they are making but do not seem to include people stood on the cars as they would dent. Therefore a Brutsch is clearly one of the best cars ever made.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 05:07:10 PM »
i think in this case its a fibreglass thing . fibreglass was new and regarded as fragile as indeed were the original chassis less Brutches. the Pfeil ( in English Dart - is this significant the later goggo dart could be regarded as similar , certainly the large diameter internal tubular chassis is ) had a good chassis. also interesting is that the brochure featuring this photo calls them '' well fed ''. perhaps in post-war Germany they were but not by todays standards eh ! no names here  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 08:09:42 AM »
Yes jumping on Darts was in vogue too, might dig out pics. In fact the Googo Dart has got a weak spot on the dash board. Several have failed there and need a repair. Are you sure the quote has not been edited correctly and should read 'well fed up'. I think we perhaps out to repeat the photograph!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 09:01:09 PM »
Egon Brutsch didnt only do it once ! on his smaller car the three wheeler he struck again  ;D