Author Topic: Is it a Micro Car ?  (Read 3076 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Is it a Micro Car ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 01:06:03 PM »
Dear Marcus

If a mechanical elephant is a Microcar then this must be also.

Well spotted

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 01:28:13 PM »
Funny that, my first thought on seeing it was Mechanical Elephants! I have to admit the maker has some odd ideas, like why make such an original and interesting machine, then disfigure it by making it resemble someone for whom the best thing to be said is "War Mongering Half-Witted Boorish Gaberlunzie"!
He also suggests that God/Creation/Nature designed limbs rather than wheels so they must be better, which is not a logical deduction: for an animal to have a wheel it would need an axle passing through a hole, and therefore one part of the organism having to be completely separate from the other, and therefore prone to blood loss, infection, injury.... Not to mention that plenty of organisms do travel by rolling. Still, it is a lovely creation and I want one. But hold the GWB! Actuallly, if I had one, I would perhaps make the runner look like a very old, frail and rickety person!

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 10:24:11 AM »
Not to mention that plenty of organisms do travel by rolling.
Most famously, Escher's curl-up:

Andrew

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 10:37:56 AM »
I have that one in a book of his prints!
Hedgehogs often go down hills rolled up to escape from predators, woodlice too although they mainly do it for protection and rolling is a lucky extra on a slope. Armadilloes, tumbleweed, nuts and seeds...
Still, I really like this contraption.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 12:32:50 PM »
When not in use as transport it can be put to use pressing grapes for wine so ideal for France etc. Perhaps we will all end up with this technolgy in front of our 'cars' holding a red flag. Enhanced programming might include kicking so as to play football, the most important thing in the world it seems. Clever stuff. I just invented a hammer that looses its head on the backstroke breaking a headlight. Humph!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs