Author Topic: New Peel Trident Owner + Lost Peel Trident, now found  (Read 16434 times)

Ollie

• Chatty
Re: New Peel Trident Owner + Lost Peel Trident, now found
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 05:39:49 PM »
Damn right!!   question begs what happened to the door?!

Can't be many in 2010 left like this.  Truly the grail..
What do you mean" Damm right" pel? You have one of the best tridents on this planet  :o ;)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 09:21:32 PM »
Damn right!!   question begs what happened to the door?!

Can't be many in 2010 left like this.  Truly the grail..
What do you mean" Damm right" pel? You have one of the best tridents on this planet  :o ;)

Damn right as in that's what everyone wants.  I tried my hardest to find a knackered Trident in a damp garage for 50 quid.

Well that never happened.  If it's meant to be it's meant to be.  Good luck dear boy!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 09:55:18 AM »

I live very close to Stanmore where many tridents were sold from the infamous two strokes of Stanmore.One would think there must be one tucked away in a shed/lock up but where do you start to locate them if there are any left.I'm having some flyers made to go in the local post office/newsagent window and hope some old lady/gent will read it and get it touch

Not such a stupid idea. I would suggest Wadebridge etc as prime Bubble stash areas. Quite a few cars have come from there. Without being class bigoted the working class areas yield but less than the upper working class and middleclass areas as the latter could afford to mothball vehicles rather than sell them. I got a nice few cars from a guy with a rambling place next to Thorpe Park gravel pits. You would not know the land was there let alone sheds of cars. He was clearing to sell off land for development otherwise he probobly would have kept the stuff. It is out there it is finding the key to unlock the opertunity. Best of all is drive a Microcar and get noticed!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Dom

• Just Starting
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2010, 11:16:25 PM »
A few pics of the stripdown so far

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »
Good luck with the restauration, Dom !

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 05:19:31 PM »
may i repeat the comments made by the honourable gentleman before me. by the way the spelling on this site has reached an all time low what must those across the pond make of us all ? :-\
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 06:04:17 PM »
Not to mention the lack of proper capitalization at the beginning of sentences.  ;)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:44 PM »
ah but that is quite deliberate I CAN USE CAPITALS but not cool when emailing or texting . and i am sooo cool  :) bad speeling not so cool really .why is it that none english peeps are better than english peeps ?  ???
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rusty Chrome (Malcolm Parker)

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 02:45:02 AM »
Restauration is the correct term for the careful and polite delivery of occasional snacks and light refreshments to the valiant engineer by their other half during the course of a restoration.
Malcolm
Bond Mk D - "The Bond Minicar solves your problem"
Nobel 200 - "Almost as cheap as breathing!"

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 08:11:38 AM »
We have the luxury of a spell check with our forum too but not all use it, I'm just as guilty! I shouldnt worry about the folk across the pond Richard, you should have a look at the IsettaWorld forum and see how they worry about their TIRES and what COLOR to paint the cars.  ;) ;)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2010, 01:03:42 PM »
you know i never noticed the spell check , and there it is . down there . mind those injuns bob  ;D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2010, 02:15:02 PM »
This  is probably a question for Jim, but if I write in UK English the spell checker will correct my spelling to UK standard spellings. Does this mean that if our US cousins use the same facility on the forum it corrects their spellings to UK English as well, or does it correct it to US English spellings?

Does this also mean that it will also correct our French neighbours spellings to UK English?

What a shame if everything was to be standardised to UK English, it would be no fun reading the items and trying to guess what is being conveyed.

Should we have seperate spelling buttons for UK English, US English and Allow Allow (french translation) English.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2010, 02:30:08 PM »
You may have to explain the "injuns" thing Richard else people will think I'm some kind of racist.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 02:33:50 PM »
Spell check! Hows about me? Do not even know what "injuns" does mean !!!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »
It's Essex for: 'engines'