Author Topic: How did the MOC Rally go?  (Read 6153 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
How did the MOC Rally go?
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:04:19 AM »
How did it all go down at Plumton last week? Lets have a report from someone.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: How did the MOC Rally go?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:38:02 AM »
Gusty, Windy, Blowy, Breezy, Parky, Flartchy and MOC all turned up, spent a lot of money on a field, a chicken leg with pud and trip to somewhere previously visited by microcar, got confused by the choice of Snow Whites in coffins (German nick name), preyed to Partsmart and attendant Mullah on Sunday Morning and buggered off by two to avoid the Wicked Witch and Prince Charming rumoured to be creating probs later.
Well that is what I was told by mystery attendees. I was watching aeroplanes doing weird manovers at Fairford for free at my mates house with a bad leg and a beer rather than wasting time nipping down to show off a new monocoque tio the massed ranks of micronauts. Looks like it was the correct choice though I missed Fabian Fresson and his modified motor.

The BUMS, offering really reports in brief!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:55:46 AM »
Was quite good actually. 

Didn't pi$$ down and the food was OK.  Oh and my car didn't break down or blow up. Nor did Ollies.

Nice party of the world.     Takes a lot of effort to organise a show.  I appreciate that.
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »
Thanks Perry. Glad to hear Ollies car made it, wasn't it its first major sortie?

Is it me or are Als posts getting more and more unintelligible? ::)

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 06:39:30 PM »
I suppose it was its first proper outing.

AND IT CAME 2ND IN THE CONCOURS (a certain TG won.  Again......  and again and again....   ::)  )

Anyway we had a fine old time ta very much.    Alans posts are slightly obscure. Always will be..!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 06:54:21 PM »
Congratulations Ollie!!  That's quite an achievement against that lot of anoraks!

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
Hello Bob
Thank you.I'm very happy with the result.  :)
Was a great weekend,road runs were good too.Nice to see a good turn out of smitts

karonut

• Occasional
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 11:43:09 PM »
Sorry Bob

I am no more an anorak than any micro car enthusiast!

I think that someone who did not go to the Rally can not make a comment about it (Big Al).

The field was bumpy and rough.
The weather was windy & showery Thursday and Friday, Sat & Sun windy but OK.
The Saturday night meal was pathetic a quarter of chicken (all Legs) a few pieces of potato and strands of veg Carrots and Courgette, followed by Five Strawberries and a bit of cream or a slice of Banoffee pie, followed by Coffee and mints (8 mints between 10 people) Maths not very good there the cost of this snack £18.00 maths good here.
I am going to the Pub next time and a few others have decided to do the same the food is better and cheaper.

Not missed a MOC rally yet in 20 years since joining in 1990, but next time I will look at the expenditure a bit closer after taking a car 280 miles it was only OK, and I hear some members complaining of travelling 100-120 miles north as to far!

1960 Messerschmitt KR200, 1957 Messerschmitt KR200, 1961 Messerschmitt KR200 Sport.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 08:36:07 AM »
Oh dear. I appear to have tarred all with the same anorack brush! Apologies. Thats not what I meant, just the concours judging aspect.
Most of the rallies are getting expensive to do now though, just the charges for the camping alone and the fuel to get there comes to a fair whack. Still, the cost have to be covered by the organisers somehow.
Thanks for the report.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 09:33:27 AM »

I think that someone who did not go to the Rally can not make a comment about it (Big Al).

I agree, I was being a bit naughty but thought it might be an amusing presentation despite many Schmitters not having a sense of humour if they feel your knocking anything to do with Schmitts. However you basically agreed with the two reports I received on Sunday evening and Monday morning of the weekend on which I based my posting. I take no satisfaction if this is correct as I want events to be great as it improves my hobby rather than diminishes it. Incidentally I enjoyed the film and profile of Brian Clough, a bit of a hero of mine.....

I hope the MOC Rally will be in Cumbria next year as I plan to be there with chums but I, as always, will take a look at what is on offer before signing up to pay money. I prefer some freedom of movement so tend to be outside the 'normal' structure of these events as I can do as much as I wish and then depart to do other things of more interest to me. It maybe that I even get drafted in to help by AP to organise, we will see. So you can manage costs of these events if you wish. There is no reason why you should conform to the movement of the many, indeed I would humbly suggest it is not the real Micronaut way.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs