Author Topic: Inacom in an Acoma  (Read 7943 times)

inacoma

Inacom in an Acoma
« on: January 02, 2007, 07:29:21 PM »
Hi

Pictures of the Accoma as picked up from the barn in France.

Looks a lot better now as I have given it a realy good clean.

John

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Inacom in an Acoma
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 04:23:28 PM »
 Ooh lovely! So I'm not the only lunitic around here after all!! Humm, a Hillman Minx and a Morris Minor in the background. What is this? A timewarp or something???!!!!

Dont suppose theres any chance of you being able to get this to Jean's next Open Day so the two types of Comtesse can play together? Anyone round here got a Comtesse Brake to compleate the set? Nick Devonport, I'm looking in your direction....

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Mini Comtesse Break
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 06:54:25 PM »
Ah, Stuart, you know how to get a man excited with your talk of a Mini Comtesse Break!  I would love one but the owner of the one I tried to buy all those years ago in Burgundy doesn't answer my letters, never calls...

It really has to be the cutest of the genre n'est-ce pas?  One day perhaps!

Amities a tous
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 06:30:32 PM »
Hang on! I haven't said there's to be an Open Day 2007 yet.  Although I don't suppose I will have too much say in the matter - I think the date should be late July if I am having my arm twisted but I must consult the family first especially by then the new Dad Andrew because I can't run an Open Day without their fulll co-operation.  By the way talk about cars in the background, Bob-you-know-who (nearly flipperless) thinks there is a vintage van lurking the background two doors up above the Acoma - come John tell us if he is correct.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

inacoma

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 06:46:02 PM »
Hi

The bloke 3 doors up is an old car nut as well.

I think the red van is just a modern post office van, but on his drive is a rare Ford thingy, it's like a sort of pick up with canvas back, not sure if it's an after market kit car.

He's away for the next 3 months but will have a look on the back and see if it has a name.

All the best

John

inacoma

Acomas on the register
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »
Hi

I am just registering my Acoma Super Comtesse and Jean has kindly sent me details.

She says there are only 5 on the register,

Mine 1978 Super Comtesse
Stuart Cyphus Mini Comtesse
John Lipscombe's
2 others registered overseas.

Hi John I have tried to email to say hello, but it's bouncing back.

Any of the 3 I havn't contacted yet, what have you got & is it on the road ? any info about spares appreciated

All the best

John  :)

inacoma

More Acoma stuff
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 09:20:20 PM »
Hi

Thought you might like the link to see more Acoma action (well sslow motion actualy)

http://video.google.fr/videoplay?docid=9030988786500433270

I think the gist of the French is that because the Mini Comtesse goes so fast you have to use the special equiptment.

John

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »
Great video! not sure how absailing special forces relate to Comtesse microcars, not much continuity there, have you checked out Denis's site, www.microcarfan.com/ good site for French micros, plus there's a strange Mini-Comtesse video on the links page.

inacoma

Hi Blob
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2007, 06:13:57 PM »
Hi Blob

Thanks for the tip, I have tried to get on this site before to register on their forun to try to find parts, but it's not working at the mo.

What sort of cars have you got?.

All the best

John

AKA Inacoma

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2007, 08:13:28 PM »
Hi John, I've a 1959 Frisky Coupe and a Nobel 200. I was going to sell the Nobel though it's about my level, I'm not trained in vehicle restoration so progress is slow but enjoyable, well I haven't started pulling my hair out just yet.

Regards Mike

inacoma

Re: Frisky & Nobel
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2007, 09:08:30 PM »
Hi

I realy like the Frisky, they are quirky and realy get people interested.

Don't know much about Nobels, I will have to look in the books to remind myself.

The Acoma is probably a good car for beginners as it is a fibreglass body and everything just bolts on, I used to dismantle A30s and A35s and sell the parts, but was never very good at full mechanics.

I put a new battery on it today, and got it running, fitted a new throttle cable and started to fit a choke cable.

I took the wheels off so that I can clean them up and get 4 new inner tubes and tyres, the worrying thing is that when I took off one of the rear wheels the whole hub came off with it as it wasn't fixed, also one of the doors blew back an it has broken the fibreglass where the bottom hinge is fixed. Lucky I work for a company that sells things to bodyshops, so I have access to sealers adhesives and paint etc.

I am finding it harder to get the bits that I thought, but I have only been looking for a week or so.

Good luck with your resyorations.

Hope to meet up sometime.

All the best

john

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2007, 11:21:06 PM »
The Nobel is a Fuldamobil S7 variant which can't be much more complicated than the Comtesse, I thought finding parts would be a nightmare but it only took about a year, thank goodness for translation software.

Regards Mike

inacoma

Re: Parts etc
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2007, 07:58:23 PM »
Hi

I supose expecting to sort the bits in only a week is a little bit impatient.

Yes I like the Fuldamobil shape, same as the one on ebay. I think it is better than the more common makes, because it is seen less frequently.

When I go to classic car shows it is always the oddballs that get people talking.

Looking forward to seeing everyones cars at a show or meet some time.

All the best

John

inacoma

New acoma for the fleet
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2007, 07:31:57 PM »
Hi

Have been on a buying trip to France.

Here is the new car

Acoma Comtesse Break.

Needs a bit of bodhwork to the front corner but hope to get this one up and running on the road ASAP.

John

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2007, 01:09:08 PM »
Ooh, Very nice! Looks like the Acoma Owners Club is up & running, and, I think, for the first time there is now one of each type of the Comtesse in the UK. So, what does everyone reckon? Shall we make UK micro history by getting all three types of the 70s Comtesse in the same place at the same time at Jean's next Open Day????....... (any news yet on that Jean???)  Last year it was the Flippers, this year the Comtesse's.......