Author Topic: Fiat 126 '87 aircooled  (Read 2789 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Fiat 126 '87 aircooled
« on: August 27, 2010, 12:22:42 PM »
  DVLA managed to spin out the supply of a V5C for about 3 months on this one but at last I have it. Hurrah!

Ooo, its gone all pink Auntie!

I am not sure quite what this document tells folk now as the first words to be read are warning you that the document is not proof of ownership followed by huge lettering stating it is a United Kingdom UK (Er, guys, that is stating the same thing twice, I think) Registration Certificate. Right so I have just upset the Stazi and I give them a document that tells them I might not own the car but it is OK 'coz I'm British not some sort of untrustworthy foreign Johnny like you. Not entirely certain this is a great help when proof of things are required to avoid arrest.
  You might just have got round this when you notice that it offers advice on how to avoid buying a stolen car by reference to a Gov website. This is a tad late once you looking at or have the car unless you happen to be the sort of person who carries Jodral Bank in their pocket. However if the Stazi notice there are hours of fun and expense in looking at all the Gov websites in the hope one might aid your case to prove something useful. However because the car is registered to you you are the only person not allowed to look at the details of the car on file which rather negates the whole point of the process. Indeed it is pretty much impossible to buy a car with 100% certainty it is not nicked thanks to this Government inspired revenue collection system which replaced the Council ownership system with added taxation information. So I feel they are rather taking the excreta by making a big thing out of how they can help, not!

Anyway I now have a new pink V5C so I can offer my mint rust free original example of one of the last imported FSM aircooled Fiat 126 for sale. Ideal for someone to turn into a prize winning car. The car is in Oxfordshire and will either have MOT or can be taken to an address in the price.
OK I know its not a RUM car but it is an excuse for a rant.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 12:25:30 PM by Big Al »
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs