Author Topic: Interesting website, and London Flypast 7/9/10  (Read 1963 times)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Interesting website, and London Flypast 7/9/10
« on: September 05, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »
Sorry, not specifically cars, but might be of interest:

explore this great site's pages to read about and visit all sorts of things in and around London, including a flypast on Tues Sept 7th to mark the 70th anniversary of the start of the Blitz, and featuring a Douglas DC3 Dakota, Supermarine Spitfire, and best of all, UK's only flying

AVRO LANCASTER

Flying along the Thames and over St Paul's Cathedral.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Interesting website, and London Flypast 7/9/10
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:09:19 AM »
Cannot remember the year but one time they did a Spitfire squadron lost plane flypast. Hardly a dry eye around the place. It reflected the cost of victory. The few are very few now and I have had the privilege of meeting some of them over the years. What can you say, special people due to circumstance and I get very annoyed at the politicising of these events in the modern era when you see the way many of the heros have been subsequently treated. Will we see the lost plane formation, no it hits home to hard, yet it was never more pertinent with war criminals flogging books on a charity tax consession. Where is my shoe box?
Best to enjoy the crackle of the Rolls Royce engines and not think to hard.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs