Author Topic: Peel Playtime (Beware, contains nuts)  (Read 14058 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Peel Playtime (Beware, contains nuts)
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 11:54:02 AM »
Ough! Ouch! Thats two jabs I have recieved so far this day! First one from Trident who says we cant mention the IC word in case Bob gets upset.Quit right too as this is a microcar forum. ;)  I think its worth mentioning though whilst on the subject of the villiers motor that it served the s### wagons very well for an extensive period, no problems with jumping out of gear or the clutch bearing breaking through the ali housing either like the sachs engine. Dont tell me this doesnt happen because I have two pairs of casings in my workshop with this damage. I thing Al is right in suggesting that Bond owners in the past were tight or else brasic and run there cars on a shoe string hence the failures. Second jab, from young Perry, thinks Bob doesnt like the fact that Scoot prices are rising, I never denied that only its funny how Perry only talks up the values of the cars he happens to own! :D :D Still I will see him on sunday , shame he wont be risking driving his extrememly usable and valuable scoot to the Battlesbridge show! ;) ;)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 12:19:21 PM by Bob Purton »

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 03:48:27 PM »

There was a nice Mk 1 Scootacar being advertised for sale by Dave Morgan at the National Microcar Rally in Malvern earlier this month.

yes, there was but it sold very quickly  ;), hardly surprising at the price though.  Almost too cheap not to buy

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 03:53:51 PM »
Still I will see him on sunday , shame he wont be risking driving his extrememly usable and valuable scoot to the Battlesbridge show! ;) ;)

What, he is not going to be driving his extremely unusable and worthless Trident to Battlesbridge ?.  Its is very nicely restored though  ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 03:58:01 PM »
Nicely restored? Olie must have done it then. ;)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 04:09:16 PM »
Ollie had to correct all the faults missed by the idiot who tried to restore it first time.  The P50 will be better I am sure  ;).
Any way, Ollie has plenty to do getting Perry's Tippen Delta roadworthy then there is his  MkG estate to do   :D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 04:17:26 PM »
Ahh! That makes sense. I thought the P50 was the one that was badly restored? Didnt it blow up on the IOM? This is where I'm still at with my Isetta, going over all the previous owners bodge ups. Still, nearly done now mechanically at least. Its much better talking about Perry when he's not on line isnt it! I dare say the barrage will come later tonight!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2010, 04:25:17 PM »

yes, there was but it sold very quickly  ;), hardly surprising at the price though.  Almost too cheap not to buy

:o  Why am I suddenly getting the figuer: "Five & a half" in my mind following that statement,   ???   & I'm not talking about money either.....    ;)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2010, 04:29:10 PM »
Ahh! That makes sense. I thought the P50 was the one that was badly restored? Didnt it blow up on the IOM? This is where I'm still at with my Isetta, going over all the previous owners bodge ups. Still, nearly done now mechanically at least. Its much better talking about Perry when he's not on line isnt it! I dare say the barrage will come later tonight!
The P50 is not that bad but does need a good going over to make it 100% correct.  The engine is a bit weak but it did not blow, Perry just needed to thrash it a bit more !.  Lord Cyphus is back on line and Perry will follow soon I am sure  ;)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2010, 04:36:13 PM »

The P50 is not that bad but does need a good going over to make it 100% correct.

More yellow paint, that's the answer....    ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2010, 06:05:37 PM »
Oh, I see, he wasn't driving it hard enough! That out of character! ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2010, 06:10:11 PM »
Just noticed the earlier post that it was Dave Morgan advertising the Mk1. I can only guess that must have been my X car. Was it pale blue by any chance?

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2010, 06:27:54 PM »
Yes, your old pale blue one , TSV923. 
Your maths is letting you down Lord Cyphus.  I was up to 5.5 three years ago when I got the silver Mk2 just as you were thinking about the same one ;D.
The only way to drive a Peel is thrash it very hard and make it like it.  The DKW lump will take a good beating and only the big end will fail eventually.  Perry has a NOS 804 160 4.2ps genuine Peel engine to assist the rebuild of is original and then it will be fit for a further thrashing but in a more original factory finish I hope  ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2010, 06:44:13 PM »
What was TSV advertised for out of interest?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2010, 08:07:35 PM »
I think it was offers over 10K :-[

Is that cheap now? Blimey glad I had the Mk2 now. Getting out of touch not trading.....
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 08:13:37 PM »
remember that blue p50 that was on ebay and was deemed to be a fake advertised as a genuine one?its in this weeks classic car weekly going up for auction at one of the auction houses,estimate £15,000-25,000

going to be some upset faces once the new owners find out what it really is