Author Topic: Siba units  (Read 13833 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Siba units
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 09:20:25 PM »

im a purist,i only want to see blue fibreglass bodied invalid carriages from the 50s,60s and 70s

To be a pure prurist with these things, you need to insist on seeing only the old black open ones. In the grand scheme of things it was the fibreglass stuff which was the interlopers.

History did not end in 1977, hence later things are covered. In thirty years time there will be folk who will be glad that I did cover the '80s & '90s when it was possible to chart the history firsthand.  Plus, it's my mag, so 'll print what I like, so Na Na na na nahhhhh Raspberry to those who don't like it.  I've cornered the market, you can't get it anywhere else lady.  ;)  ;D
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:21:57 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 11:34:40 PM »

im a purist,i only want to see blue fibreglass bodied invalid carriages from the 50s,60s and 70s

To be a pure prurist with these things, you need to insist on seeing only the old black open ones. In the grand scheme of things it was the fibreglass stuff which was the interlopers.

History did not end in 1977, hence later things are covered. In thirty years time there will be folk who will be glad that I did cover the '80s & '90s when it was possible to chart the history firsthand.  Plus, it's my mag, so 'll print what I like, so Na Na na na nahhhhh Raspberry to those who don't like it.  I've cornered the market, you can't get it anywhere else lady.  ;)  ;D

Yet again Lord Cyphus has spoken.    A treasure beyond compare...   

They don't make them like they used to.  Keep it up dear boy.    I'm one of your greatest fans.   
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »
im a purist,i only want to see blue fibreglass bodied invalid carriages from the 50s,60s and 70s,conveyancer has too much modern rubbish(sounds like a letter to Practical Classics lol)

Last two editions of Conveyancer -
Number 8/ Type 70, Coventry Transport Museum, Ian Hellings' interview, page and half on Modern Scooter trip on a Cruise Liner
Number 9/ Larmar, Legalising your Type 70, Making two sidecars out of a Type 70!!!, Wrigley, Ian Hellings

Not much modern in there. The cruise ship thing being the main item, at best 10% of the magazine is moderns. Anyway the ICR deals with a topic not a dateline. It is not set up on the same basis as RUMcar for instance but even here the edges blur. I offer this as a slightly more convincing arguement than the editors impression of the Mini Comtesse starting.

Be careful Root, there might be a replica Conveyancer produced!

History did end in 1977. I left college and did not have it on my curriculum anymore. My task, should I care to accept it, is to make some.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »
There is no date line with Rumcars either. Modern microcars are regularly featured in RCN. We even have a modern microcar test driver, Chris Thomas.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 07:45:26 AM »
There is no date line with Rumcars either. Modern microcars are regularly featured in RCN. We even have a modern microcar test driver, Chris Thomas.

I stand corrected. It used not to in about 1977! Kind of logical really, Doh!
I will not be drawn on Chris Thomas and Top Gear jokes as I do not know him well enough.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2010, 08:38:10 AM »
I hope this doesnt mean that you are not a subscriber to RCN?