Author Topic: It has been a while....ID a Microcar quiz.  (Read 19760 times)

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: It has been a while....ID a Microcar quiz.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 05:58:59 PM »
The non-prize is the admiration of all who read the question and do not know the answer, such as myself.  Those who do know but fail to answer will all end up in that proverbial scrap-yard just rusting away, unloved and wondering where they went wrong. :D
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 06:12:39 PM »
I think the engine was a Minerlli. I can say that braking was on only two wheels and the whole thing weighed 160lbs. You had to pedal it until the centrifugal clutch started the engine.

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 06:33:23 PM »
That explains the PED part of the name.  Remarkable Bob. 
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 06:38:49 PM »
Well done Remarkable Bob!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 06:53:15 PM »
Why Thank you! I put it down to the remarkable I'm holding!

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 07:12:15 PM »
Well, that's what I get for skipping the forum for a day-- you cover an American microcar.  Actually, you cover the American Microcar, since that's the name by which it is generally known, despite having been made by Tri-Ped.  There are a few still around, mostly in the hands of moped enthusiasts, it seems.  Most references mention Tomos engines, though I've also seen Minarelli.

197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 07:57:59 PM »
And an extra non-prize goes to Mike for verifying that they do exist, rather than just on paper brochures.  Good work  -- now to find one. :-X
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:59:42 PM by cuscus47 »

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 08:59:02 PM »
what a great forum this is ! at times  ;D and at least it shows some of our cousins can't spell either  >:(
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 05:28:50 PM »
At least one can still move under its own power:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Z6mO8S7og

Apparently the early vehicles came with Minarelli engines, the later ones with Tomos engines (and two speeds?).  There are hints of at least one electric version having been made, too.  Searching under the inventor's name, Stuart Pivar, produces some interesting results....

Oh, and there's this:

http://www.rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=1299.0

The example currently on eBay doesn't look too bad but I'd be inclined to hold out for one with the optional side curtains.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 05:30:51 PM by mharrell »
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 12:19:59 PM »
ok it might be obvious to some of you and i had almost forgotten it . WHAT IS IT
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »
Well, the plane in the background gave it away...SCottish Aviation Scamp. When I clicked on your photo to enlarge it I could make out ?CAM? anyway!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »
well that was an easy one wasnt it
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:44:11 PM by lightweight dickie »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2010, 10:19:19 AM »
Who washed my Enfield?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs