Author Topic: Isetta counter weight  (Read 9887 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Isetta counter weight
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »
A foot warmer, that makes sense!

In an historical context way yes. I used to be sent to pre-school with a baked potato in my pocket to keep warm and which I ate with my free milk. None of this school closed because its cold nonsense. That ages me into a very rural type. From a modern perspective the 'warmer' sound bonkers but in the bubble era we used to have winters. I am not sure it is an improvement on the hot water bottle though. Great marketing of a brick really.

Tandem verses bench. If you are sociable in a car then there is no contest but the Tandem is the purer arrangement of a trike for drivability. Of the products that attempted it I think the Messerschmitt was really the only successfull one in terms of sales. That suggest the driving public prefer the bench. It will come as no suprise that I prefer the tandem. If I want to be sociable I will take out something a bit more sophisticated so my special friend does need a hot brick as it has an efficient heater. Are females reptilian as they always feel the cold and want to sunbath on holiday instead of doing something interesting? That said I have a Messerschmitt rear heater assembly which feeds hot air to both rear and front seat areas with shut of valves on it. It works better than the standard arrangement and can be quite toastie in winter.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 11:08:55 AM »
Going back to units of measurement: I use Imperial and metric depending on what I am measuring, but I have just been ordering some drum heads and parts from a huge German company. Interesting to note that around the world drums and drum heads, drum hoops, tuning bolts, drum sticks, cymbals etc. are mostly measured in inches.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 12:13:12 PM »
Wheels seem to be imperial, except France who, of course, do there own thing meaning there are really nice cars like CX Gti for which tyres are a real problem. So are round things imperial?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 12:18:08 PM »
Round Toits are immeasurable!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face