Author Topic: Something new to the Peel Mafia  (Read 3565 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Something new to the Peel Mafia
« on: September 27, 2010, 10:08:07 PM »
Just found an up to date advice of P50's in one of our well known financial magazines. Amazing they report on tiny cars in there.

http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/0,1518,718609,00.html

Or should i call them repli Cars ???:)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 10:11:01 PM by Peelpower »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Something new to the Peel Mafia
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 10:14:09 PM »
translated link for english:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.spiegel.de/auto/aktuell/0,1518,718609,00.html&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhg0PMTlEluGjuJ9U324YqWD5zqPQA

it is just more PR hype about those Dragon's Den bozos trying to flog their company and continuing to try and convince people they are somehow connected to the original Peel Engineering on the Isle of Man.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 10:51:41 PM »
Hi Jim, thank you for the translated link.
Ferdi

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:19:30 AM »
All the hype is about eco friendly electric versions, but they clearly show a P50 with a gasoline engine being hiked into the air.
Did the sloppy translation bypass the explanation, or are they just hoping that we are even dumber than they are?
Can anybody read the size of the too big Avon tires for me?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 08:51:45 AM »
I like the translate program from the computamebob. Done clearly for more better understanding. Bottoms upwards, success for drinking. (apologies German chums)
It kind of makes it the ideal press release after the translation program (damn clever) has done its stuff as the thinking seems about as disjointed as the car's market itself. This in the light of the French manufacturers looking to launch various electric 'Bubblecars' onto our urban streets for around £5k. The new Peel is a product created as a prop for a museum looking for another market. It is there but not, I fear, in the same form Ripley want it. Still its entertainment and the projects value is only going to be measured by how well they can control the market for non original Peels or they will be popping up everywhere. Bit of a Pandora's Box really. That's the 250 version, by the way.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs