Author Topic: THE BIG LAUNCH  (Read 30805 times)

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
THE BIG LAUNCH
« on: October 27, 2010, 08:35:12 PM »
we have a venue and a date for the big reveal of the evans' new creation {s}. we will be launching on the national microcar stand at the NEC classic car show on the 12/13/14 of november. we will have two models on display and both my dad and myself will be in attendance to chat and take orders!! we look forward to seeing you there, and dont forget your cheque books, your gonna want one of these!!!   

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: THE BIG LAUNCH
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:53:31 PM »
Dear Emma

Good to hear that you have space at the NEC Classic Car show in November. However the 14 November is the editorial Deadline for submissions to Rumcar News for the Winter edition so if you want to get the new Bambi in that edition you will have to let Tony Marshal ( Editor) know well before that date. That will mean text and images. If you want to have the full 21 century Microcar treatment then that may have to wait until one can be road tested and that would mean it getting into the Spring 2011 edition at the earliest.

Good luck

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 10:07:32 PM »
well i have never been to the show or the NEC . and wonder of wonders i have a days holiday due so how about a few of us meeting up at the NEC  :o
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:41:30 PM »
how about a few of us meeting up at the NEC  :o
What a great idea.  Reduced entry costs can be obtained by quoting : CLUBS10 for individual tickets and : CLUBF10 for families but don't tell every one !.
The NMCR stand will feature a host of the smallest and rarest of the Microcars as well as the new creation(s) of the Evans family, Bambys little brother ???.  Only time will tell  :o
The Heinkel Trojan Club and Isetta Owners Club will also being displaying their finest vehicles as well.
See you all there then ?

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 10:46:41 PM »
However the 14 November is the editorial Deadline for submissions to Rumcar News for the Winter edition so if you want to get the new Bambi in that edition you will have to let Tony Marshal ( Editor) know well before that date.

Fear not Chris,
Lord Cyphus (he of Bamby ownership), Rumcars roaving reporter of NEC events will be in attendance on the NMCR stand on Friday the 12th and will no doubt have the article e-mailed to Tony before the end of the day as he has done in previous years.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:20:09 PM by scootacar »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 11:13:07 PM »
 It looks like another chapter is about to be opened in both the history of the Micro world & that of the Bamby on Friday 12th November 2010 at the NEC.  I'll be there, right up the front, with camera & notebook. Woun't keep me away now. And yes, the report will probibly be done that very night as in years gone by, for it's a busy (non-micro) day on the Saturday & the train's don't run properly on the Sunday. Back in 2009 I hit the "send" button sending off the report of the first NEC stand to Tony at five to midnight the same night, which just happened to be the issue deadline.   ;D  I forecast much the same this year.  Just show me the cars. That's reward enough......   :-*

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2010, 07:09:30 AM »
Ollie and me will be there Sat.
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2010, 01:53:46 PM »
I doubt I will be free and able to get there, boo hoo!

If not, I wish the Evans all the best luck, and look forward VERY eagerly to learning more about the new developments.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2010, 04:23:06 PM »
Did I hear right

Did somebody say THE BIG LUNCH!!

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2010, 05:02:52 PM »
Did I hear right

Did somebody say THE BIG LUNCH!!

Chris Thomas

Yup, and Bambi is on the menu!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2010, 05:24:57 PM »
Any cheeky pics for us to pore over?
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2010, 05:37:16 PM »
whats the best way of booking a ticket and quoting the disc voucher. thanks thinking of friday - is it worth going friday ?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:38:57 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2010, 05:42:20 PM »
 I'm there on Friday. Surely that's worth it enough?  ;)   ;D   :-*

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 09:32:04 AM »
Still not keen on the NEC especially after boshing one of the security guards sparko when I was doing courier work years back. Just like Beaulieu security it seems standing up for myself proved I was right and they were wrong and thus wasting everyones time for no good reason than hassle and cash. Consequently it is on the list of places I do not go unless I have to as I do not like bull***t and overcharging (unless I am doing it of course). Once again I know a lot of others who likewise refuse to do the NEC after hassle and rip offs. So take care to get correct ticketing and be carefull to sort out the correct car parking procedure or they will try and charge you extra cash and seize your car. Otherwise enjoy and bon chance Evans.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
seems to be the way of the world now AL, yellow vest wearing ,clipboard carrying,6 pens in the top pocket, arm waving b*****ds on minimum wages are everywhere you go,bring back common sense and the pre HSE age >:(