Author Topic: Nobel 200: Need info on previous owner and History ( Chassis n17 )  (Read 25289 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Hello,

My name is Jonathan Poll, I am 14 years old, and I am Nick Poll's son ( Messerschmitt and other microcars owner, makes schmitt interior sets and restores schmitts ). When I was about 6, I always played in the barn, and my dad had a very bad condition Nobel 200 in there, and since I loved playing in it, he gave it to me ( He wasnt really gonna do it up ). Now that I am older and know more about mechanics ( I am making a go kart, and I help my dad restoring schmitts ) I decided to start restoring it ( )PS It is chassis number 17 ). My dad done a bit for me a few years ago ( Painted chassis ) and I properly started doing it 1 month ago. I put the right axle on ( My dad bought another Nobel, and luckily it had 1 spare, since mibne didnt have any ). Recently, I bought a few parts on Ebay ( Door locks and Rear light base ) and the guy gave me a few rum cars issues as a gift ( Old issues, 1; 16; 17; 62 ). I read them, since my dad was registered a while back and I always read them after him, and found something rather intersting in the issue 62... A Nobel 200, with the chassis number 17 ! The advert says:
" Nobel 200 3 wheeler2 door saloon original reg this is an early car chassis no 001. History - Purchased from previous owner, a boy of 12 by his uncle to play with. He learnt about the mechanics and he kept it for 21 years. Towards the later years, it stood behing the garage, when he transfered his attention to restoring a Messerschmitt 3 wheeler. He then sold it to me to finance the work on his schmitt, and it was nit run for many uears and needa a lot of T.L.C. to restore it. I was prevented to restore it by health problems, and now need the cash to complete the restorationof my other Nobel, so must relucantly let it go at £350. Contact Syd Green ( Then his adress ).

What I would like to know, is does anyone have Syd Green's detaiols? I would like the postal adress, phone number and Email if possible. Also, does anyone else have any more info about it? Like old photos, history or parts?

Thanks,
- Jonathan Poll -

PS: Please email me the info at JonathanLPoll@Gmail.Com ( My rumcars email adress is false, its my old adress ).
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Nobel 200: Need info on previous owner and History ( Chassis n17 )
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 08:41:47 AM »
Hi Johnathan. Welcome to the furum. I will see if I can find Syd Greens details but I can tell you that he was quite elderly when he lived at Skegness . I bought the car from that advertisment and later sold it to your father just before you moved to France, I say 'sold', I think I swaped it for a rebuilt schmitt engine. Its yellowish colour with badly crazed gel coat if I remember rightly. Mike Ayriss is the man to ask really because if Syd is still around and owns his other Nobel it will be registered with Mike.   Mike ayriss
E-mail Address(es):
  michael.ayriss@talktalk.net

Best wishes with your project, Bob

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 06:58:44 PM »
You should also try Alastair Lauchland (alastair.rumcars@btinternet.com)  because he of course is now the keeper of the Register of Unusual Microcars on which Syd Green used to appear.       The car is R682 on the Register,his other cars are now owned by Les Green.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 09:14:20 PM »
Thnaks both of you, I sent a message to Mike and Alastair ! So far no replies, but I only sent the emails about 20 mins ago. I have some pics that Jean kindly sent me via E-mail, so thamks! By the way Bob, you asked my dad for some schmitt engine parts, and my dad could tell that you wanted to convert a nobel engine to a schmitt one, so my dad asked if you had a nobel, you said yes, so my dad done a deal that he builds you a new engine for the whole nobel. Thabnks to you, I have my first car :) Thanks !

- Jonathan -
Mopeds:

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 10:43:01 PM »
I dont remember any of that Johnathan, I just remember standing in the garage and your dad asking what I wanted for it and me saying a rebuilt engine for a schmitt or Nobel as I had another restored Nobel at the time with a very worn engine and also wanted a spare engine for my Schmitt. Anyway, its now your job to restore this car and its really quite an important one as it has such a low chassis number. Dont forget to post up some photos of your progess with it on the forum.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 08:58:22 AM »
I dont remember any of that Johnathan, I just remember standing in the garage and your dad asking what I wanted for it and me saying a rebuilt engine for a schmitt or Nobel as I had another restored Nobel at the time with a very worn engine and also wanted a spare engine for my Schmitt. Anyway, its now your job to restore this car and its really quite an important one as it has such a low chassis number. Dont forget to post up some photos of your progess with it on the forum.

Don't worry, I have my dad who can help me with the bits I don't know, but I made a go kart myself, and now its the big challeng :) I am going to make a site with the progress, a bit like a diary, I'll post what I done that day :) The website should be www.Nobel200.Weebly.com or if I get a bit of money for my spare parts that I have newer ones of, I can maybe get Nobel200.com ( It isnt taken, and it wont be expensive, like 20£ a year ). For now, the car is exactly the same as when you got it, apart from that the chassis is nearly finisahed and I stripped down the interior.

- Jonathan Poll -
Mopeds:

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 09:59:30 AM »
Why not use a yahoo blog for free? I do,  http://intermicrocar.blogspot.com/

I'm also working on a Nobel chassis, her are a couple of pics of mine.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »
Why not use a yahoo blog for free? I do,  http://intermicrocar.blogspot.com/

I'm also working on a Nobel chassis, her are a couple of pics of mine.

Nice! My chassis is probably the same condition, my engine is in my dad's nobel for now, he said he will give it back to me when the car is ready fr an engine ( I think that engine is the original one from my car :) ). If I use Weebly, it's free, unless I want to get my own domain name. Weebly is a good way to make a site, you can do a lot more than a blog.

- Jonathan -
Mopeds:

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 04:21:38 PM »
I should have known that a 14 year old would know much more about computer stuff than me! I conceed. Just make sure he gives you that engine back!
Is it you Johnathan that sells the microcar cursors for computers?

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2010, 05:54:19 PM »
I am going to make a site with the progress

Great stuff, it's been a while since any new Nobel/fulda sites have appeared.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2010, 05:59:12 PM »
And if a 14 year old can do it so can you blob! Get that Nobel home and get started on it! ;)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2010, 06:43:45 PM »
Jonathan if you are a wiz on web sites hows about volunteering to help Jim Janecek with beefing up our web site with some new bits and bobs?  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 07:17:59 AM »
And if a 14 year old can do it so can you blob!

Precisely why I chose a Nobel in the first place, but fixing house now commands my time.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 08:53:20 AM »
[Precisely why I chose a Nobel in the first place, but fixing house now commands my time.

A 70's restoration on the house? Hammerite the skirting boards, bit of vinyl repair on the roofing, spot lights over the front door and a new thermostat in the heating system?

New Nobel site could have a guess the part page - the Nobel piece prize! Got to try and get feedback to make these things really fly.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 09:12:32 AM »
Dear Al

That could be a great new feature in Rumcar News   "Guess the Gear", a bit like the "Mystery Car" but of a component.

The only problem will be that Bob Purton is likely to get it right every time, as he has perhaps rebuilt more engines and cars than anybody else.

So perhaps he should organise it, then we could call it   " Purton's Parts Puzzle"

Chris Thomas