Author Topic: How many Zetas are in the world today? can we find them?  (Read 3328 times)

zetasports

• Chatty
  • Lightburn Zeta Prototype owner
How many Zetas are in the world today? can we find them?
« on: October 03, 2010, 08:23:43 AM »
If there were only 20 or so Zetas made then I wonder where they all are these days?
the cars I know of are
 Ian Wilson,
 Allan Kuchel 1008
Shane Buchanan 1001,
Fred Diwell has one,
Tom Courtney has one without an Engine.
Roger Duance sold his zeta overseas,
and there is one in the Birdwood mill museum in adelaide.

that makes seven but there must be more you all know about hey?

I was looking at Lightburn Zetas on Unique cars web site yesterday and there were more stories there as well,

but if you have any more sugestions for cars then I would like to make a list and keep in touch with the owners too.
Thanks Robin Heath

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
Re: How many Zetas are in the world today? can we find them?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 03:39:32 AM »
I already mentioned that one sold at an auction of a British museums stock almost exactly 2years ago.
Many of the English chaps should be more familiar with the details of its fate.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 10:21:07 PM »
Hi,

My dad used to own one ( Nick Poll ) and sold it abroad ( I think Australia, but I don't remember ). Then I know of Bruce Weiner. He has a Sport and a Runabout in his museum. You can check out his museum at http://microcarmuseum.com/

- Jonathan Poll -
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 05:00:36 PM »
back in 1981 the Zeta sport register was run by Gordon Wison Roberts and he had 20 of the 51 Sports built on it.
The information was eventualy passed on to Fred Diwell who I understand now looks after this register so perhaps this would be a good place to start.
Also a guy called Mathew W J Singers did a thesis on the car and I believe also has a Zeta website, he may be able to help you.
As you know I have some information on the Zeta Sport because of the Bedson/Frisky conection, I don't pretend to be an expert but as I have already said I will try to help if I can.
I understood you had sold your Zeta Sport, do you still have one, do you intend setting up another register, were are you comming from Robin?