Author Topic: Nobel 200: Need info on previous owner and History ( Chassis n17 )  (Read 24949 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Nobel 200: Need info on previous owner and History ( Chassis n17 )
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 09:44:19 AM »
Congratulations on your website Johnathan. Have you just painted it or have you replaced all the bushes bearings etc? Mine needed new kingpins, bushes, bearings, seals, brake shoes, rod ends silent blocks, shock absorbers and also the big steering arm in the centre of the chassis needed new bushes made, all this is quite important because these cars are notorious for play in the steering. Still if your dad is helping you he will know all this. The other thing I never liked about these is that the pedal box is crudely made, the pedals move from side to side when in use, I redesigned mine and welded tubes onto the sides of the pedals then put a rod through the whole lot, this took all the floppyness out and feels like a pedal box should feel!  Keep us posted on your progress.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 11:33:41 AM »
Great site, ask http://www.fuldamobil.de for a direct link to your site, check the left hand side of the page and you'll notice a list of other 'Fanseite' relating to enthusiasts projects.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 11:35:02 AM »
Dear Bob

I do hope you have scale drawings of the pedal box assembly to allow others to replicate your excellent design.

Chris Thomas

PS glad to see the dining room table is part of your workshop.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 12:05:15 PM »
That is a great site! I havnt seen that before. I still think that S4 thing looks like your tortoise on wheels though blob! Surely the most ugly microcar ever made. The S7/ Nonel shape on the other hand I think is very well done. Did they come from the same pen I wonder?

Chris, the pedal box mod is a patent Purton design, closely guarded Unless money is thrown at me!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:09:05 PM by Bob Purton »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »
I still think that S4 thing looks like your tortoise on wheels.

That's the reason why I love them so! Not sure which pen they came from but I'm sure the answers on there somewhere

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 05:07:03 PM »
dont know him but if it heped at all i could always call in for you its fairly near me

Well, that would be very nice, but the thing is, he probably moved...
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
Owners of Nobels chassis number 0848 and 20344 (?) might find it worth getting in touch.

Thanks, but I don't know how to find people with a chassi number... I guess the register would know?
Mopeds:

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 05:10:03 PM »
Congratulations on your website Johnathan. Have you just painted it or have you replaced all the bushes bearings etc? Mine needed new kingpins, bushes, bearings, seals, brake shoes, rod ends silent blocks, shock absorbers and also the big steering arm in the centre of the chassis needed new bushes made, all this is quite important because these cars are notorious for play in the steering. Still if your dad is helping you he will know all this. The other thing I never liked about these is that the pedal box is crudely made, the pedals move from side to side when in use, I redesigned mine and welded tubes onto the sides of the pedals then put a rod through the whole lot, this took all the floppyness out and feels like a pedal box should feel!  Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks! Yes, me and my dad have replaced the bushes and bearings. Well, the bearings are old ones we found with the spares, but I cleaned them up and my dad saud they are good enough.

Jonathan
PS: I will not be doing much on the nobel for a while, cos its freezing here!
Mopeds:

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »
 I have searched our data base for those numbers and the only things I have come up with by searching for the number sequence anywhere within a given chassis number are a Honda and Frisky.  So I would suggest the Nobel has either never been registered with us or Alan has got the numbers wrong. From the data I have on the Register the full number for any Nobel chassis appears to be as a general rule  3R0****  (i.e.yours is 3R00017).  Sometimes there is an A at the end and occassionally a 4 instead of 3 at the beginning.  Sorry I can't help further.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2010, 08:41:41 PM »
I have searched our data base for those numbers and the only things I have come up with by searching for the number sequence anywhere within a given chassis number are a Honda and Frisky.  So I would suggest the Nobel has either never been registered with us or Alan has got the numbers wrong. From the data I have on the Register the full number for any Nobel chassis appears to be as a general rule  3R0****  (i.e.yours is 3R00017).  Sometimes there is an A at the end and occassionally a 4 instead of 3 at the beginning.  Sorry I can't help further.  Jean

Thanks anyway! Yeah, my dad pointed that out to me, and he thinks that it means 3 wheeler right hand drive 0017. I don"'t see why they would have to put RHD on, because all nobel's are english so RHD ( Well, it depends on Nobel Chile I guess...)

Jonathan
Mopeds:

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 10:36:42 AM »
Sometimes there is an A

Model 'A' I presume.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 11:02:24 AM »

Well 0848 is Nobel as it is a full original chassis plate. The other has lost the top of the chassis plate, is/was a larger style in anycase, so might be a Frisky though it came with a batch of Nobel stuff. It would explain the differing numbering. So anyone got that Frisky? If not it might help an I.D. less Frisky if John can place it in the sequence, there are a few about.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2010, 06:43:13 PM »
I just done a bit more on my car, I just updated my site. Here it is: http://nobel200.weebly.com/
I am also working on the RUMcars site, but I will sedn all of you the link when I have is finished.

Jonathan
Mopeds:

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2010, 12:52:46 AM »
 Big Al
Chassis No 20344 is the Family Three fitted with an open sport body you sold to Bruce weiners collection via John Watts at Trigo Canada around 10 years ago. It first  came on the Register in 1985 when it belonged to Jim Webber
Hope this helps
John

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2010, 09:50:20 AM »
Big Al
Chassis No 20344 is the Family Three fitted with an open sport body you sold to Bruce weiners collection via John Watts at Trigo Canada around 10 years ago. It first  came on the Register in 1985 when it belonged to Jim Webber
Hope this helps
John

How strange, but it makes sense as the stuff the chassis plate came with was via Scootacar, Nobel and other mush bought from David Webber. So that is logical. Pity about the Frisky but at the time no one would by it. It was quite a nice car but I did not sell it to John Watts, at least that is not what my paperwork says, so perhaps he was incognito. Best to reunite the chassis plate with the car.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs