Author Topic: New Bamby Mini-Schmitts Tribute!  (Read 26166 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: New Bamby Mini-Schmitts Tribute!
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2010, 08:44:29 PM »
Yes Marcus is right, as much as I like it and used it all the time when aI was at school the term could be offensive. There is no reason why we cant continue to wind Stuart up by saying Toilet blue as much as possible though! ;D After all that what the page in RCN was called for years, why break with tradition?

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 09:43:30 AM »
Well Spaz, like any word is not rude in itself, but it depends on who says it and with what intention. If I were to call my disabled girlfriend a spaz, she would know I was only joking and teasing her, but in any situation other than in private conversation (where people will understand the way in which it is being used) it is potentially offensive and politically incorrect, and best not used!

'There's no such thing as a dirty book. It's just the way you read it' Alex Harvey
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 09:45:25 AM »
Yes Marcus is right, as much as I like it and used it all the time when aI was at school the term could be offensive. There is no reason why we cant continue to wind Stuart up by saying Toilet blue as much as possible though! ;D After all that what the page in RCN was called for years, why break with tradition?

I think you mean 'Why break wind with tradition, there'!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 01:19:53 PM »
Well quite.  I don't really bare IC's or Stuart any malice, its just that I grew up with my father always driving a Reliant and whats more they were always blue ones, after years of your school friends saying we saw you riding in your dads invalid carriage or to be more accurate [sp...wagon] it tends to leave you with a severe aversion to the things. Then when getting re-involved in microcars some years later and finding that they have a following amongst the weird and whats more have attached themselves to the microcar movement this has left me in need of some serious therapy! ;D ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »
I certainly have no problems with ICs, or anyone who is interested in them. They are a valid part of motoring history and brought mobility to thousands. Stuart's efforts are all the more praiseworthy because they are the very things most people are particularly disinterested in. My interest in them is limited, because I only really like 3 wheelers which have 2 front wheels, but all hail to Stuart for chronicling a part of history which would otherwise be forgotten.

Er, this does not prevent me from teasing him about Toilet Blue etc sometimes! ;D
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
I certainly have no problems with ICs, or anyone who is interested in them. They are a valid part of motoring history and brought mobility to thousands. Stuart's efforts are all the more praiseworthy because they are the very things most people are particularly disinterested in. My interest in them is limited, because I only really like 3 wheelers which have 2 front wheels, but all hail to Stuart for chronicling a part of history which would otherwise be forgotten.

Er, this does not prevent me from teasing him about Toilet Blue etc sometimes! ;D

Yeah but for some reason the IC black box lids have small slits in them
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 05:50:43 PM »
Yeah but for some reason the IC black box lids have small slits in them[/quote]

That is to feed the Hamster.

A lot of people seem to have an avertion to Sp-Ice Chariots. This is natural as anything to do with negativity and illness tends to be shunned. Also the majority were not 'cars' but 'appliances' so treated as a special case in motoring. So a bit of jealousy coming in there too. It is, however, traditionally perverse for the sort of folk who would support useless small cars to thus start to protect unwanted and unpopular 'appliances' rather than rush off and buy the latest in camper van technology or something. Beyond that it is a matter of taste I imagine. However they will always be S***z Chariots to me, sorry.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 06:26:12 PM »
enuf  :-[
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »

Lego: mmmm, One day I'll show you how to make a lego Invacar Model 70, as patented by me....    ;) 

And here it is, as built by me in 1991.  It could also double for a Reliant Regal in a differant colour & with a steering wheel subsituted.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 06:42:41 PM »
That's great Stuart, James May would like that!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 06:43:58 PM »
There is going to be a Lego Peel isn't there? I can feel it coming. Will it be a real Lego one or a replica? Argh!

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 07:11:37 PM »
There is going to be a Lego Peel isn't there? I can feel it coming. Will it be a real Lego one or a replica? Argh!
Hi Alan, sorry to break it to you, but they have already been made ;) Here is the best one: http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/80844
If you want to see them all, check here: http://www.mocpages.com/search_RESULTS.php?page=1&query=peel&total=29&who=0&sort=best_match&filter=moc&directoryid=&

Jonathan

Mopeds:

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2010, 07:35:12 PM »
Nice Morgan Jap model!

Here are 2 I made years ago of cigar tins and household junk, with only memory and 1 fuzzy photo of each to go by:

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2010, 07:56:10 PM »
i thought we had had enough of this . obviously we are going to need guidlines on this forum . there are some words ( and more importantly thoughts) that are not acceptable anymore . and thank god for that i say !
if you were a public figure and known to be using such terms you would undoubtably be out of office by now.

sorry Jonathon but to find that your generation are no more enlightened than were my schooldays is surprising and disapointing.

whats next are we to have the N***** word appearing

STOP IT NOW
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 08:06:51 PM »
i thought we had had enough of this . obviously we are going to need guidlines on this forum . there are some words ( and more importantly thoughts) that are not acceptable anymore . and thank god for that i say !
if you were a public figure and known to be using such terms you would undoubtably be out of office by now.

sorry Jonathon but to find that your generation are no more enlightened than were my schooldays is surprising and disapointing.

whats next are we to have the N***** word appearing

STOP IT NOW

Ok, sorry...  Guess we got a bit carried away :(
Mopeds: