Author Topic: Nice picture for RCN500 ( that means 100 years ;) )  (Read 3846 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Nice picture for RCN500 ( that means 100 years ;) )
« on: November 17, 2010, 03:17:17 PM »
Hi,

I just found this nice TG500 with a nice numberplate :) http://lh4.ggpht.com/abramsv/R56GOu9HkMI/AAAAAAAAFR4/W-n0J33f7IM/s800/187366687_45fdf6dfe2.jpg
Let's wait for RCN500 :)
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Nice picture for RCN500 ( that means 100 years ;) )
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 06:49:37 PM »
Nice photo, nice number plate.

I have a feeling that I have seen that actual car on the road. I was leaving a rehearsal studio with my band in my trusty, rusty old Ford Rustcort, approaching the huge and heavily-congested Hammersmith Broadway roundabout in London in about 1983. Suddenly I noticed a yellow flash whizz past between the line of traffic I was stuck in and the pavement. The gap was very narrow, so only a micro could get through. Instantly I realised it was a TG 500, the first I had ever seen moving, and that number plate does look familiar. It zoomed past, then sliced and slalomed its way through several lanes of almost stationary traffic on the roundabout in a stunning display of the advantage of small vehicles in traffic. In next to no time it had disappeared around the corner. The driver did not trouble anyone else or cut anyone up, just threaded his or her way through the jam with absolute mastery and without slowing.
My 3 band mates were stunned, asking things like "What the hell is that?" and being amazed at how easily it cut through the traffic. I proudly told them what it was and they all absolutely loved it.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face