Author Topic: zeta pics  (Read 5844 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
zeta pics
« on: November 21, 2010, 09:02:03 PM »
gather not owned by nick poll (did Bruce get this one ? ) anymore but photographed at the National Rally in the mid 90's I think - lovely car
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
Re: zeta pics
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 12:38:59 PM »
Hi
 This Zeta `was Nick Polls which he took to France and (I believe) has since sold.
Nice to know were it went though, Fred Diwell would probably be very interested.
(if he doesn't already know)

John

PS I heard the other day that our friend "Zeta Sports" who had to dispose of his cars because he "does not have long to live"
may in fact not be ready to shed his mortal coil any faster than the rest of us, so thats good news for him

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »
To save the world and reduce energy consumption in line with Government policy I have replaced my Mortal Coil with a six volt one second hand Siba one. It has slowed me down a little and I need the odd bump start but if we all did the same we would all be so much better off by stopping global warming. The saving means I have bought a new wood burner for keeping warm now it will stay colder because I have been green. The next move was to replace my 'idea' light bulb with a rare gas energy saving one free from NPower. Two problems. It was a screw in, though that is less dangerous to life than a bayonet fit. Bought the tears to my eyes though. Then the trouble is I found I was a bit dim for the first 15 minutes and the damage and mess caused took so much time to sort out that there was no saving to be had. I therefore have returned to the Osram Tungsten Filament of Imagination.

For those who are confussed this has nothing to do with Zetas
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 01:34:35 PM »

What, not even Zeta Garbo?   ;D

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:46:06 PM »
gather not owned by nick poll (did Bruce get this one ? ) anymore but photographed at the National Rally in the mid 90's I think - lovely car

Hi, as you may know, I am Nick Poll's son. He sold it to Francisco De Cunto from Italy.
Hope that helps!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 06:52:18 PM »
big al . DONT EVEN GO THERE  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 08:21:08 PM »

What, not even Zeta Garbo?   ;D

WTF? Zeta Garbo? I guess it's got to do with Jim Garbo?
Mopeds:

Trident

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 09:00:47 PM »
You've got to admire the  man wth a name like that.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »
You've got to admire the  man wth a name like that.

I guess you mean De Cunto lol
Mopeds:

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2010, 10:58:44 PM »

WTF? Zeta Garbo? I guess it's got to do with Jim Garbo?

Isn't he the doorman at the Greta Garbo Home for Wayward Boys & Girls....   8)    

"WTF"?   Ah, they made a version of the Fuldamobil in the '50s didn't they?      ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 09:50:36 AM »
'WTF' is the Worldwide Trilobite Fund isn't it? The first bank with deposits everywhere.

Zeta Garbo was a German Lady tractor driver who was restyled into an actress, had a bit of a break down and did a few B movies under the name Zeta after a face lift in Australia. Was not a great hit unfortunately. Not allot of people know dat.

Franki and Jim are just nice guys.

I am wondering about moving to the Wirral, Richard. Any suggestions....
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 02:17:55 PM »
Thought you meant " Greta Garbo" !  ;D

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 07:18:01 PM »
thinking of moving to wirral big al ? lived here all my life dont know what that says about wirral or me . if your serious gimme a ring - never sure if you are tho  ;)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 10:47:18 AM »
No I thought you would suggest I look elsewhere for being wierd!

That said part of my family came from the Wirral. Shipping family, the Dempsters, Stevenson-Jones Marble Importers etc. Chums with Lord Birkenhead. Had money in those days so a holiday house out at Conway. Owned Ranaliegh (?) Buildings in Liverpool. I believe there was a printers there too. Know little about the place myself other than when we visied you and Dave Smeddley (?), he of Smash robot and Trienkel fame. Kind of nice to go down the front like you can from yours.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 08:07:33 PM »
only just found your reply al .missed it somehow. yes my family also had money back in the day  ;) great , great grandfathers funeral had 26 horsedrawn carriages in the cortege !! also the "  robots "( traffic lights) were turned off for the procession to pass. i often wonder where the money went !!