Author Topic: minimicros  (Read 3245 times)

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
minimicros
« on: November 25, 2010, 03:53:19 PM »
Sorry for the delay but my time is better spent in the workshop rather than the computer{hate the things, always have,always will} .Anyway,MINIMICROS, the idea came to me after buying some minimoto bikes for the kids,(and myself) to pratt around on on a nearby airfield,being a mechanical engineer my head started ticking and i thought that some small scale replicas would be a great thing to own. i called dad and he agreed so we set about building the red KR as a design exercise. having built it as a prototype we decided to alter a few things and built the TG with full suspension,revised pedal positions and a lighter but equally strong tub. The tub is built from 10mm steel tube over a 1" square section chassis and panelled in hand formed aluminium with a steel framed canopy ,again panelled in aluminium.nose,wings and tail are in glassfibre with the tail having a steel reinforcing frame and hinge to allow access to the engine. The bodywork is hand finished and sprayed with 2 pack automotive paint,or basecoat and laquer in the case of the mettallic ones. interior is fully carpeted and has padded vinyl seats and side panels. the front seat can accomodate a child ,but for us bigger kids it removes easily to allow the longer legged to drive it from the back seat, i am 5ft 7 and can fit in with ease, a dummy folded hood in matching vinyl finishes it off nicely.all the chrome trim is hand applied and is as authentic both in size and position as we can get. handle bars and rear lights are cast aluminium. It is powered by a 49cc two stroke with centrifugal clutch and a pull start and are pretty nippy,speed is around 25-30 mph but can be goverened down to as little as 5mph for those "learner drivers". the full suspension and pneumatic tyres give a smooth ride and the rear disc brake pulls it up nicely. each one has its own chassis number and a certificate of authenticity as i am sure that in years to come these will be very collectable as they are only going to be produced in limited numbers,and everyone will be different as they are built to order with different colour schemes and interiors.  please feel free to email for more details .   minimicros@yahoo.com

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: minimicros
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »
Terrific, I look forward to seeing them in the flesh.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 08:42:48 PM »
Are they handbuilt?
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 09:08:52 PM »
yes, all hand built.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 09:50:46 AM »
OK its a crash diet, loss of limbs and bot reduction so I can have one for Chrimbo. Either that or I could have a catamaran version built by Hans. Is he Czech? No he just accepts them, yee ah!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs