Author Topic: Pyrenees Rally  (Read 14433 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Pyrenees Rally
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »
Dundridge Willywhomper , I'm restoring one of those at the moment! Its the left handed whimwham model with mushy nibblet synchromesh. Vary vary rare!

Oh, isn't that the unknown prototype ;)
 ;D
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 10:02:21 PM »
i didnt know there was one  ;)
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2010, 10:04:23 AM »
i didnt know there was one  ;)

Don't tell me you don't know the whimwham version ;)
Mopeds:

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2010, 12:36:51 PM »
What? Dickie never heard of the Whimwham? They was built in Sussex , a small village called Piltdown, mine is suspended on sky hooks in the workshop as we speak. I bought a tin of tartan paint off ebey that I am going to paint it with, should look good when finished!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »
you missed my point it was only the UNKNOWN prototype that i didnt know about  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 01:01:50 PM »
first thing you should do bob is get a round tuit also available on ebay . discussed on this site before but essential for any restoration particularly when enthusiasm wanes in this cold weather :)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2010, 01:02:18 PM »
What? Dickie never heard of the Whimwham? They was built in Sussex , a small village called Piltdown, mine is suspended on sky hooks in the workshop as we speak. I bought a tin of tartan paint off ebey that I am going to paint it with, should look good when finished!

Don't forget to restore ther mushy nimlet!
Ok, but the whimwham is the prototype ;)
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 10:00:48 AM »
Marketing was a failure, allegedly, as no pretty women could be found with an ape jaw for a photoshoot. If only they had waited for the multi racial society!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 09:07:48 AM »
Marketing was a failure, allegedly, as no pretty women could be found with an ape jaw for a photoshoot. If only they had waited for the multi racial society!

Mind you, a fellow with a dog's head and Captain's hat would have caused a sensation, but where could such a monstrosity be found?!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 10:25:44 AM »
Well Piltdown fooled the "scientific" community for 40 years and Mr Hitch has been stringing us along for about the same time, maybe big Revelations are afoot,, my guess is that he is a hoax and is really from Essex! All the characteristics are there, wideboy car dealer :D, has a few pennies in the Postoffice ;), could big Al really be Basildon man?? :D :D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 10:52:15 AM »
The name is Bond. Basildon Bond.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 11:19:16 AM »
Well Piltdown fooled the "scientific" community for 40 years and Mr Hitch has been stringing us along for about the same time, maybe big Revelations are afoot,, my guess is that he is a hoax and is really from Essex! All the characteristics are there, wideboy car dealer :D, has a few pennies in the Postoffice ;), could big Al really be Basildon man?? :D :D

It is no secret. My dad was bought up in Ilford, went to school at Brentwood and Grandad retired to Frinton - inside the gates! That is why I know about dodgy Essex types. Great Grandfather was a builder turned property developer. The one before that built railway viaducts. So there you have it I am a bit of a Jock, a Scauser, Welsh and Essex. All the places I refuse to buy cars from! The mid point between is Oxfordshire where Hobbits like Root live.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 11:35:55 AM »
But surely Root is an Ent?!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 07:57:44 PM »
But surely Root is an Ent?!

Not sure. The test is when you get 'hasty'. If you create a far amount of carnage or throw Isettas into the backs of vans that is Entish behaviour. So is not being very visable at events while being rather obvious. Hobbits just spend much of their life having a good time of it and apparantly hardly ever work despite having a rather middle class lifestyle - very Oxfordshire. We have rather hobbity meetings where we eat, drink, talk and be merry every Sat plus various pub nights. The main reason Root is not present is he does not move very well so maybe he has Hourn tendancy. I would like to be Tom Bombadil but there we are.

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 11:41:31 AM »
Dear Jean

Within an hour of Johnathan posting the item I had written and set it in the magazine.

No hanging about at Micro Towers.

Chris Thomas
Deputy Editor Rumcar News

Hi Chris,

I saw on the mag that you put on our rally, but we forgot to send you the contact details! For anyone who is interested, please send an email to PyreneesRally@gmail.com

- Jonathan -
Mopeds: