Author Topic: For Sale: Eccles 3 wheeler electric project needs finishing.  (Read 3905 times)

rokraider

• Occasional
  • Flying round the universe in Fireball XL-5
For Sale: Eccles 3 wheeler electric project needs finishing.
« on: November 29, 2010, 01:37:14 PM »
I am reluctantly putting my Eccles Ryder 3 wheeler project up for sale. See this post for more info http://www.rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=1380.0.
It is together and running, it just needs the rear body panels finishing and then a respray. There is some chrome that needs re doing (steering tiller ), some cushions to recover and some electrical stuff (lights in poor condition) original wiring harness in good condition. The nosecone has been repaired and is in primer, the rear side panels have mostly been repaired and need finishing and putting in primer. it is fairly complete and original including wheel trims, there are a few lights that could do with replacing.
The whole thing then needs respraying. Mechanically it is sorted and drives really well. It has 4 new 6v batteries and 3 new tyres. It is an easy project that doesn't need much space and always turns heads when I trundle to the pub on it.
Unfortunately it has been neglected due to other projects that are taking up my time and money, so it would be better if someone else took it on and finished it.
It is essentially the same as Jeans in the collection, but is red instead of blue. As far as I am aware, there is only this one and Jeans about.  It owes me approximately £1200.  I am prepared to accept £1000.
Please contact me on rokraider@mac.com or call 01483 200046.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:57:58 AM by rokraider »
Eccles  Ryder (Jennifer) , 3 wheeled electric cart.  Assorted Jeeps n things.

rokraider

• Occasional
Re: For Sale: Eccles 3 wheeler electric project needs finishing.
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 12:59:08 AM »
Bumped to get noticed  8)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2011, 08:19:24 AM »
Dear Rokraider

Perhaps you should bring it along to both the Rumcar Open day on 31 July and the National Microcar Rally in Calne Wiltshire at the beginning of September when they are going for the world record. There may be somebody there that is interested in buying the eccles, also you could put an advert in Rumcar News.

Chris Thomas

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2011, 10:14:44 AM »
But is the Eccles a Microcar? To beat the world record the parameters need to be the same as those set for the record to be beaten by Peter Green. If so a lot of stuff now at a microcar rally might not count, this includes very small Hymers. Alternatively it is a new world record for something else. All this is academic as the biggest microcar rallies I attended were in Germany and were getting on for 300 plus cars being driven. Not see that beaten I fear. What value a record book that ignores records? The ideal modern Chrimbo present - meaningless marketable trivia, bah humbug! MInd you most Microcar owners these days will think the Eccles is a pretty horny caravan I expect! Me, I can only say the obscure 'Eccles, ffnarr biscuit'!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

rokraider

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:22:05 PM »
Dear Rokraider

Perhaps you should bring it along to both the Rumcar Open day on 31 July and the National Microcar Rally in Calne Wiltshire at the beginning of September when they are going for the world record. There may be somebody there that is interested in buying the eccles, also you could put an advert in Rumcar News.

Chris Thomas

I would gladly have bought it to the open day, I enjoyed it very much a couple of summers ago. Problems is, i am tied up driving safety boats all summer and don't have a spare weekend now until October!.
It is an easy project to finish, just needs some rubbing down and painting  and the body re assembled. all the electrics and mechanicals are done.