Author Topic: Thinking about the future...  (Read 5732 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Thinking about the future...
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:41:53 PM »
Hello,

I have been thinking for a little while... What will my next car be? I want it to be another microcar, probably not a Nobel. Any ideas? If I get one soon, it will be at least a year though. I am 14 so don't start telling me to buy a TG500 ;) I guess frisky's are cheap?

Jonathan
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Thinking about the future...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 04:00:49 PM »
Dear Jonathan

They might not be the most collectable of Microcars, but a Vespa 400 is an excellent car that goes well.

Chris T

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »
Dear Jonathan

They might not be the most collectable of Microcars, but a Vespa 400 is an excellent car that goes well.

Chris T

Funny you say that, there is one about 10 minutes away! Also another car, a lot nicer but I don't think I am allowed to mention it, so don't bother asking whart it is ;)
I don't really want a collectable car, just a nice one ;)
Mopeds:

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »
My dad said I can say it, so I will! The car that is 15 min away is a very early KR200, so early it has the rare mat with the big eagle pattern on it. ( only one pmy dad has ever seen! ) Nice condition, we found it by driving in a roadste r ( or another schmitt ) and a guy pulled us over. Then ( about 8 years azgo ) we ddint speak much feench, but my dad sort of understood that the guy had one. When we where there, wxe saw it. It, needs the engine doing it up. If I remember, the old lady had it from new ( the guys mum )
Mopeds:

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2010, 07:40:31 PM »
And I realised that I said the message wrong, don't think I am giving up on the Nobel!
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »
There seem to be a few early Schmitts in France. I know of a couple in a radius from Toulouse north. Frustratingly it has not been possible to get a chassis number. All but one were absolute sheds. I do not really need cars in that state so far from home. The French are predictably difficult to deal with as if a Brit shows interest the price goes up. I got the Paul Vallee by sending in my friendly local peasant in on a fee and bonus. It worked well and I used it a few more times as the locals pay very little for anything over a glass of firewater. Probably would not work as well in town. I failed to get one in L'Ouseaux Petit in the north as I was a Brit on my own.
As to future car it all depends what you want it for really. I found good cars found me when I was not looking but after something I thought I wanted. Not so sure this would happen today but who knows.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2010, 01:05:04 PM »
There seem to be a few early Schmitts in France. I know of a couple in a radius from Toulouse north. Frustratingly it has not been possible to get a chassis number. All but one were absolute sheds. I do not really need cars in that state so far from home. The French are predictably difficult to deal with as if a Brit shows interest the price goes up. I got the Paul Vallee by sending in my friendly local peasant in on a fee and bonus. It worked well and I used it a few more times as the locals pay very little for anything over a glass of firewater. Probably would not work as well in town. I failed to get one in L'Ouseaux Petit in the north as I was a Brit on my own.
As to future car it all depends what you want it for really. I found good cars found me when I was not looking but after something I thought I wanted. Not so sure this would happen today but who knows.

Well, I saw the dead schmitt on ebay, ay get that.
Mopeds:

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 09:03:47 PM »

Yuo should get the schmitts from toulouse, otherwise we will ;) The best way with french people is to act french. Go there on a solex with a baguette in your hands. Guaranteed buy ;)
Mopeds:

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 10:26:23 AM »
 It is mildly tempting but unless I was down at the family gaff near Cahors it really is not worth the effort to follow the Schmitts up for me. I want out of the French property though I built quite a bit of it for my folks. It was designed oddly by my Mother, not really where I would have picked for best of the French weather/activity either and I have my hands full with developments in the UK to secure my lifestyle before I spend on luxuries. I think it is a liability in fact, partly as I have a minority share of it with those unable to design and create a better self sustaining asset from a bit of a white elephant of a building draining cash away. I will have it back when they get stuck.
 France is a big country and 100's of miles would be covered to get the bits. The Tony Marshall shell for sale is concours compared with what I was looking at. There would be engines etc but seized solid probably. The return on investment from here would probably not be worth it. Besides I have an embarrassing number of Schmitts already and ought to start shifting the ones I do not want. No, I will leave them for someone with motivation to go in unless I happen to be nearby and they are cheap. Got loads of leads like that some of which I am pursuing at the moment with very mixed results. I am up 22 cars overall this year which is not so good for someone who is meant to be clearing the decks but I cannot refuse a good deal! The stuff is out there but who is looking hard enough when you can pick of the internet. Some of my buds have missed exactly what they were looking by not doing traditional ground work but that is my gain and their loss. The way things are going I might have an auction to clear out the collection at some point as I cannot possibly sort all these machines and I do not want to go back to trading. It is just to easy to buy stuff. I need therapy.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
It is mildly tempting but unless I was down at the family gaff near Cahors it really is not worth the effort to follow the Schmitts up for me. I want out of the French property though I built quite a bit of it for my folks. It was designed oddly by my Mother, not really where I would have picked for best of the French weather/activity either and I have my hands full with developments in the UK to secure my lifestyle before I spend on luxuries. I think it is a liability in fact, partly as I have a minority share of it with those unable to design and create a better self sustaining asset from a bit of a white elephant of a building draining cash away. I will have it back when they get stuck.
 France is a big country and 100's of miles would be covered to get the bits. The Tony Marshall shell for sale is concours compared with what I was looking at. There would be engines etc but seized solid probably. The return on investment from here would probably not be worth it. Besides I have an embarrassing number of Schmitts already and ought to start shifting the ones I do not want. No, I will leave them for someone with motivation to go in unless I happen to be nearby and they are cheap. Got loads of leads like that some of which I am pursuing at the moment with very mixed results. I am up 22 cars overall this year which is not so good for someone who is meant to be clearing the decks but I cannot refuse a good deal! The stuff is out there but who is looking hard enough when you can pick of the internet. Some of my buds have missed exactly what they were looking by not doing traditional ground work but that is my gain and their loss. The way things are going I might have an auction to clear out the collection at some point as I cannot possibly sort all these machines and I do not want to go back to trading. It is just to easy to buy stuff. I need therapy.

;) You can give us the adresses ;) and we will keep them for you, give em back later ( in about 30 years ;) )
Mopeds: