Author Topic: Messerschmitt KR200 Barn Find  (Read 3439 times)

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Messerschmitt KR200 Barn Find
« on: December 03, 2010, 05:20:07 PM »
Hello,

A few years ago ( about 8 ) we were driving to a town near us ( about 15 mins away ) in a schmitt ( I think the KR201 ) and then a guy started to flash his lights, and wanted us to pull over. My dad diditn really speak french then ( still doesnt ;) ) and I was only about 6 so I couldn't really understand what was going on. My dad got the impression that the guy had one. We followed him to his farm, just a normal farm, and then we went to his shed. I don't remember much, but I remember the scary part. Before we saw the schmitt, he went to us, giving us sign to come over, and it felt like he was gonna whack us on the head with a stick. Luckily, my dad then saw the shape of a schmitt, hoping it was a TG, but sadly it was only a KR200 ( well, don't know why I said " only " , still nice! ). My dad had a look, took some pics ( sorry, don't have them handy, they where on our old PC and we think that they got deleted cos we had a hard drive problem, but we can laways take more pics ). It had the early style mat, with the big eagle badge on it, and I thiçnk it was a bubble top. Since then, we have been visiting the guy ( only azbout once every 2 years  :( ). The guy didn't want to sell it, he said that he'll get one of his tractor friends to fix the engine, but he said that every time. There is also a Vespa 400 near us, but if I remember, the people were horrible.

Hope you enjoyed the story, and we found it, so don't try and buy it!

Jonathan
PS: Pics when I find them
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Messerschmitt KR200 Barn Find
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 06:13:58 PM »
please send your postal address  ;) i need it to send you a postcard  ;) HONEST
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: Messerschmitt KR200 Barn Find
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 06:25:45 PM »
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi