Author Topic: last stoery rally  (Read 3448 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
last stoery rally
« on: November 29, 2010, 08:37:35 PM »
does anyone know where i can buy a copy of a dvd that was made at thr last stoery rally road run .
 g-o-g-g-o was there in his heinkel convertible , i was there also in his autobianchi estate and bob was there in his newly restored schmitt. the road run was great fun - i would love a copy of the dvd i believe was made
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: last stoery rally
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 08:01:57 PM »
that was a terrific rally and as we later found out the last ever !! thank goodness i made it . very much looking forward to the dvd

thanks jim
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:47:57 PM »
I agree with you all it was a great rally Andrew and I paid a flying visit but although we had no microcar I am so glad we made it. Jean.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 08:39:22 AM »
A sorely missed event that I did not attend as many times as I should. Now its to late. At least I did both the early ones, camped in the orchard, and was at the last one. Now a whisper has it that the collection has been sold. Maybe this is a restructuring for the future but the implication was that it might be more dramatic than that. As a museum it just shows the pitfalls of trying to have one. There are few that can sustain themselves without a person prepared to underwrite the costs/site or that does not have a business backing it up. You would think that the State would be ready to help but often they seem more of a hindrance. I decided against having a museum some 20 years ago now and this was one strand of reasoning amongst several that put me off the idea.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 02:51:13 PM »
Now a whisper has it that the collection has been sold.

There was also a "whispering" in town that Bockenem was going to take over the day to day running of the Museum, this even appeared in the local papers.
Turns out it was the result of someone at a local meeting saying "something should be done!" and one of the town officials saying that they would form a committee to look in to what could be done.

Nothing was done because they came to the quick conclusion that it was not cost effective to run the Museum as a Tourist attraction.  Also- they spent their budget on the committee.
Also- the town government was part of Otto's problem(s) so I highly doubt he would allow them to take over the day to day running of the Museum.

I have also heard a few times over the years that Otto had sold or was close to selling the collection but none of these ever panned out.  Perhaps he has changed his terms but at the time the incredible price he asked was for the entire collection, everything in it and also stipulated that the collection was to remain in Germany if purchased.
The fact that a number of vehicles in there were on loan from individuals makes it difficult to do an inventory of what exactly is there for sale now.
I have seen an inventory list that shows vehicles that I am fairly certain are not there any longer (Peel P50 and Trident for example)
I have not been back since it was closed and since everyone who had a kleinwagen there was asked to remove their car.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 11:47:03 AM »
There in a nutshell is why I avoid situations of 'business' being reliant on public bodies. They will screw you every time. Otto has a pretty strong hand I would have thought as he bought well, could afford to make the speculation and I imagine the State has a share in the buildings now not open which places them in an embarrassing situation. Ideal in fact for having committees to spend budgets on getting nothing done. Bit like having to have state permission to die really. It matters not how much time and money is wasted on it the situation has a way to resolve itself permanently without anyone else getting involved other than to commit a murder to speed it up. In all probability the situation is based on jealousy. In this case of Otto. As an original Micronut before they were invented and as a farmer it comes as no suprise that Otto will be as awkward he can. Good man.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs