Author Topic: Message from Tony and Lynne Marshall  (Read 6431 times)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
Message from Tony and Lynne Marshall
« on: December 11, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »
Tony has asked me to put this notice on the Forum. Rob.

IT NEVER RAINS BUT IT ****** DOWN!

Tony and Lynne Marshall apologise to anyone who feels their name might have slipped off the Christmas card list.  In face, we will probably be postponing Christmas 2010  until after the New Year.  As usual the festive season has arrived too soon to make the necessary arrangements (and mince pies).  Consideration was given to asking the other Editor to step into the breach (again), but we don’t know the standard of his pastry.

In fact Lynne was admitted to hospital on 10th December in great pain, the cause of which was diagnosed as a broken femur (That is the thigh bone, and according to Wikipedia it is the strongest bone in the body, capable of supporting the weight of thirty (Yes, 30) people.  The treatment will involve the insertion of a metal rod to provide strength and then probably bonding it together with a tube of “No More Nails” and some Pop rivets.  This will be followed by Physiotherapy (which I can’t spell).  Hospital personnel are saying that they are experiencing a very busy period at this time of the year (good job we didn’t have as much snow as most of the country then), and on the day following admission are unable to even hazard a guess at when Lynne will undergo surgery.  In the meantime we are trying to establish the identities of the other twenty-nine people.

Merry Christmas everybody from Tony and Lynne, whenever and wherever you are celebrating.
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: Message from Tony and Lynne Marshall
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 04:05:44 PM »
Good to see you back on the Forum again Rob, you have been missed.
Sorry to hear about Lynne, hope she makes a speedy recovery and is back assisting our Editor before too long.
I was busy shoveling snow on the 10th so it was'ny me  ;)

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »
Snow jokes now?  ;D
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 05:09:54 PM by Rob Dobie »
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 04:34:19 PM »
 Oh ruddy heck, it's one damn thing after another with you two isn't it!  I also deny all involvement as I never left the house yesterday!  ;D   Still, nothing which can't be fixed with half a Messerchmitt steering rack & a Nobel brake drum....   ;)  Get well soon Lynne!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 04:38:35 PM »
Oh dear, that sounds an unpleasent break. Very uncomfortable too. Unfortunately that means taking things slower which might be the wrong information but there we go.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 06:40:35 PM »
Hello and welcome back Rob, miss your presence here. Really sorry to hear of Lynne's broken femur, at a time when they are busy enough with moving and finding a new editor - AND at Christmas time - that really is terrible. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and hope things do soon start settling down for you both. All the best, and the Happiest Christmas Possible Under The Circumstances!

P.S. Rob: you CNA SPLEL physiotherapy!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 06:53:24 PM »
I second that, Sorry to hear of your injury. Lynne get well soon and make a swift recovery!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 10:13:00 PM by blob »

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2010, 12:07:26 PM »
Hi Chris
              Do you mean me? I have a plate in my leg and a quarter of my brain missing ( some say more !!!! ) because of a stroke.

My best wishes go to Lynne and Tony at this difficult time.
                                                                                                                                          Mike

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »
Dear Mike

The way I feel this morning I think I have a plate in my skull and only half a brain. My wife says it must be Man Flue as at this time of the year I manage to be pulled towards my bed when ever the shops are mentioned, with the excuse I do not feel well. I think I may have been rumbled.

Get well soon Lynne

Chris T

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 01:09:14 PM »
I do not need to be unwell to avoid shopping as much as possible all year round.

Er, unless it's PROPER shopping, to do with cars, trains, planes, toys and music!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 07:07:53 PM »
All my best wishes to the Marshalls-- I broke the neck of my right femur a few years ago and am entirely sympathetic towards any such injuries.  I hope Lynne has the quickest possible recovery.
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 08:32:23 PM »
I received this message from tony today as felt you would all like to read the latest update.

A magnificent bouquet of flowers was delivered to Lynne today (Wednesday) from "all at Rumcars", making her the envy of everyone in the ward.  I suspect responsibility for this might rest with Jean or Chris.  Assuming I've got it right, I would like to express our greatest thanks.  It was a super gift, with a varied assortment of flowers including some really stunning roses, chrysanthemums, lilies carnations and lots more, all done up in coloured cellophane and orange ribbon.

I missed the relevance of the words, but Lynne didn't and greatly enjoyed the "Hip Hip Hurrah". line of the message

I visited in the late afternoon, by which time the excitement had died down, but the flowers still looked a picture.  Latest news is that Lynne has walked a few steps with a frame and a few more with crutches,  The frame is not to be removed from the hospital, so she is going to have to get used to crutches, but isn't so confident with them.  She has been promised a visit to the shower tomorrow, on condition she tries to get there by her own power. 

So all is going well at the moment and we probably won't need to buy batteries for the Solocar just yet.  I know Lynne will want to respond to all the messages of goodwill when she can, but having seen her email IN BOX, it might take some time to get through them all.  Thank you to Rumcars for the really kind and generous gesture.  It really is appreciated.

Tony 

jackiep

• Chatty
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 10:53:34 PM »
Hi Tony ,
      Although we have  not met I fully simpathise with your wife predicament . Dont take any bullshit from the hospital about takeing the frame home on loan . Have a word with the Physio & the Occupational therapist . If she feels more confidant on the frame then thats  better for her . Push the point .Sometimes you can get them from the Red Cross to hire or borrow .
        From my own experience you need to put your foot down hard .
                    Good Luck & hope Lynne gets well soon