Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS 107  (Read 4726 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
RUMCAR NEWS 107
« on: December 08, 2010, 05:26:42 PM »
RUMCAR NEWS 107 is in the post. 
  As some of you will already know Chris Thomas (Insight) has done the editing this time around.  He is very unfamiliar with the programme that  Tony uses and hopes that you will not be too disappointed with his efforts.  The end result is quite different from Tony's issues because Chris was forced to simplify the text and fonts to be able to do the job in a short space of time.  Both Chris and I want to stress there has been no falling out with Tony and Lynne and ourselves, they just need some space at the moment.  They have found the place they would very much like to buy in France and fortunately the vendors are not rushing to sell at the moment.  Tony has his house on the market by people are not rushing to buy but they our having to start packing so that they can exchange at short notice fortunate position should arise..  Added to all this stress Tony's computer started to play up and AOL refused to deliver any emails to it.  So, at very short notice Chris jumped into the breach, and soon you will see the results.
 He has particularly asked for everyones support and comments because he realises what a hard act Tony's is to follow. His knowledge of the 50/60's cars is legion whilst Chris is more at home with the modern micro.  We are delving into the archives to possibly repeat some of the early contributions (suitably brought up to date) and Chris has contacted people for some technical articles.  Thus if anyone else can help please, please make contact with Chris.
Lat but not least, I wish to publically thank Tony and Lynne for all the hard work and devotion they have put into RUMCARS over the years, particularly when I needed them most at the time of Edwin's death,and  wish them all the luck in the world with the negotiations for  their move to France.  However, both of you, please don't think you are off the hook, RUMCARS needs you back as soon as you are able.  Thanks a million Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: RUMCAR NEWS 107
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 08:25:22 PM »
RUMCAR NEWS 107 is in the post. 
  As some of you will already know Chris Thomas (Insight) has done the editing this time around.  He is very unfamiliar with the programme that  Tony uses and hopes that you will not be too disappointed with his efforts.  The end result is quite different from Tony's issues because Chris was forced to simplify the text and fonts to be able to do the job in a short space of time.  Both Chris and I want to stress there has been no falling out with Tony and Lynne and ourselves, they just need some space at the moment.  They have found the place they would very much like to buy in France and fortunately the vendors are not rushing to sell at the moment.  Tony has his house on the market by people are not rushing to buy but they our having to start packing so that they can exchange at short notice fortunate position should arise..  Added to all this stress Tony's computer started to play up and AOL refused to deliver any emails to it.  So, at very short notice Chris jumped into the breach, and soon you will see the results.
 He has particularly asked for everyones support and comments because he realises what a hard act Tony's is to follow. His knowledge of the 50/60's cars is legion whilst Chris is more at home with the modern micro.  We are delving into the archives to possibly repeat some of the early contributions (suitably brought up to date) and Chris has contacted people for some technical articles.  Thus if anyone else can help please, please make contact with Chris.
Lat but not least, I wish to publically thank Tony and Lynne for all the hard work and devotion they have put into RUMCARS over the years, particularly when I needed them most at the time of Edwin's death,and  wish them all the luck in the world with the negotiations for  their move to France.  However, both of you, please don't think you are off the hook, RUMCARS needs you back as soon as you are able.  Thanks a million Jean

Hi,

I may be new to the forum, but I have always read my father's magazines, includibng RUMCars. I wanted to send in a message a few years ago, about the " youngest bubble car owner ", but never got round to it, because I was only about 9 or 10! The magazine has always been amazing, thanks for turning me into a microcar anorak ;) I have always read it, and will always do! Good luck in the future Chris.
Thanks for all the work you lot have out in to create RUMCars, and the mag.

- Jonathan Poll -
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: RUMCAR NEWS 107
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2010, 08:38:39 PM »
Great, many thanks Jean. I know Tony and Lynne are busy and I certainly wish them all the best whatever they do. Their efforts will be EXCEPTIONALLY hard for anyone to follow, so all credit and thanks to Chris for stepping in to keep us all entertained.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face