Author Topic: brutsch v2  (Read 15253 times)

piatti

• Chatty
    • Rollermobilclub Schweiz
Re: brutsch v2
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »
The red wall mounted bodyshell in the Story Automuseam is  a Mopetta, not Rollera. It is one of the 12 Mopetta shells found on the old Brutsch premises in the 1970s. They were probably early reject shells - very thin. no gelcoat surface, covered in surface pinholes and without the oval seat moulding in the floor (as seen in the production models).

I have heard a couple of times about this bodyshells. Some made it to "real" cars (andy c., georg l.), some are ongoing projects and others just hang somewhere.
Does anyone have a photograph of the that "fascinating" moment when they were taken of egon brütsch house ?

thanks
Oliver
Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2010, 08:07:50 PM »
there must be AT LEAST one book out there still to be written on Herr Egon Bruetsch !! i keep hearing new stories but anything in writing tends to be in German - and i dont speak it .
what is the story re these bodyshells in Deutsch Kleinwagen ? there are the bodyshells of at least 3 different models - answers on a postcard please  ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 08:16:41 PM by lightweight dickie »
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 08:58:35 AM »
there must be AT LEAST one book out there still to be written on Herr Egon Bruetsch !!

Nobody will Bruetsch the subject unfortunately.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2010, 11:03:51 AM »
praps we need to egg on someone :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »
Now that takes us back to Egon Bach (forget spelling) who was a Dane who made repair panels for Trienkels. Richard, quite naturally being from Merseyside and in the light of several very fine wind ups around that time, refused to believe that this was a genuine lead as it read Egg on Batch (Bun for those who do not know) to him - therefore Big Al having a Giraffe. On this occasion it was true. I do not know what happened to the Dane Egon but of two floors sent to Britian with something to do with the then HTOEC he did not get paid for one of them. After that, quite obviously, he had little to do with us lot over here. Sure Richard will correct my memory as this was a long time ago know.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »
my god al you do have a good memory !! i remember it very well. i recall the committee meeting ,at your house probably ,when it was discussed . i was totally convinced that the name was a spoof - EGG on BATCH for goodness sake !!  :D in fact i dont ever remember being convinced otherwise - to this day ! ;)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 06:56:10 PM by lightweight dickie »

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2011, 08:28:21 PM »
well jim thank goodness you had a better picture than mine . i must make it plain the stoery dvd is as clear as a bell , but i couldnt get the glare off the paused image . anyway there they are - on the wall and on the dvd