Author Topic: mini-schmitt video on youtube  (Read 5463 times)

daughter of bamby

• Chatty

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: mini-schmitt video on youtube
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:16:06 AM »
Looks good! Sadly being in Central London I would have nowhere to use one of these lovely machines. Plus all my spare money is going on building up my recording system.

BTW, I know it is only a "fun" video, but it would be nice to see more vids of these with better definition. About 6 months ago my girlfriend bought a Lumix TZ7 which does HD video as well as really good photos, and I got a serious case of "camera envy", being a boy I just HAD to get one model better! I got a TZ10 for about £220, the prices for them are half what they were 6 months ago. The sound quality is good too, and for this relatively modest price you get a HUGE improvement over basic cameras
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 10:56:11 AM »
Looks good! Sadly being in Central London I would have nowhere to use one of these lovely machines.

Is the wheelbase such that it would fit below the rails on the Underground? Would it go down the Post Office tunnels? Sewers? It could be the start of the underground congestion charge dodgers.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 06:53:02 PM »
another poor quality production from minimicros      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5USRqWW1KQ

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »
Looks good! Sadly being in Central London I would have nowhere to use one of these lovely machines. Plus all my spare money is going on building up my recording system.

BTW, I know it is only a "fun" video, but it would be nice to see more vids of these with better definition. About 6 months ago my girlfriend bought a Lumix TZ7 which does HD video as well as really good photos, and I got a serious case of "camera envy", being a boy I just HAD to get one model better! I got a TZ10 for about £220, the prices for them are half what they were 6 months ago. The sound quality is good too, and for this relatively modest price you get a HUGE improvement over basic cameras
                     thanks for the info , however the only technical marvels that interest me contain pistons,gears, nuts n bolts and things you can mend when they break. theres far too many microchips and too much electronic sh*te in this world and the only reason i have a computer is no one picks up the phone anymore to "talk" in person. facetube, twitter book, ??????????? wtf!   technophobe ? yes i am. 

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 08:30:47 AM »
Good on you "technophobe"! It drives me crazy too, but does sometimes have its merits. I got dragged screaming into computers, and even myspace and facebook, but that's enough for me!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 12:28:01 PM »
Brilliant fun. If I start loosing weight now I might just manage to fit in one when I am ready for my wheelchair. Nice sheds too. I wonder if there might be a Kart track racing formula for these!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 01:11:25 PM »
now that would be fun, why dont you all order one then we can hold race meets on old airfields !

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 05:35:09 PM »
Dear Emma

I think a few people may want one of these without an engine as their final resting place. I am not sure if the crematoirium likes GRP coffins. It would be criminal to be burried in the real thing.

Food for thought

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 08:42:49 AM »
Nice idea Chris, especially as "Schmitts" were sometimes known as "Snow White's Coffin"! Tony Marshall once told me that he wants to be taken to his final rest on a Scammell Scarab, another way to go in style!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 09:53:00 AM »
If I get my Tiger sorted I will be buried inside it in a mausoleum at a secret location, perhaps with other rare cars, along the lines of a Pharaoh (Pharaoh Nuf - the inventor of the inverted pyramid). Leave clues to be found in old mag items etc so that a true believer gets the cars rather than the guy with the most money. Maybe I have already started this process...... Raiders of the lost Cart.