Author Topic: Wanted: Heinkel ignition key  (Read 4135 times)

adi

• Quite Chatty
Wanted: Heinkel ignition key
« on: January 17, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
Apparently all Heinkel/Trojan ignition keys are the same, and they are not really much of a 'key' as such but rather just a specially shaped metal thing.

Does anybody have one for sale?

Thanks!

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: Wanted: Heinkel ignition key
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 11:12:51 AM »
Cheaper to make one. I have some new ones but they are expensive - unless they have been re made, in which case I will keep my real ones. There were some pink and green ones floating about. You need a nice blade of brass ideally. It has two pairs of notches which hold the key in place on a waist spring. On and out of use. You can copy a pic. The real ones get broken in use so most folks have a duffer or home made one for the car and a real one in the cabinet. I find a knob made of wood ideal to insulate the end into a gripable item. The key is clearly live in use and dangly metal stuff attached can short out.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 12:17:53 PM »
Hi Adi
          Try the club - they do a reproduction key in green ( Big Al to note ) for £8 saves you making one !!!!
                                                                                                                                                        Mike

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 12:36:21 PM »
If they are repro, why green? Must be a reason other than they were made by Lord Percy from purest green. I am sure they could be painted if the original effect was wanted. Sounds a good price to me and I will keep mine like the sad git I am and direct folk to Nick at HTC. I was lucky at Mannhiem to find a whole box full of knobs, keys and fastners for Hella switches in cream, white, grey and black years ago. Served me well over the years as stuff like that turns up so rarely now. I often wonder what happened to all the switches but there we go. Various folk have had a rumage and found gold, bits of Brutsch, Klienschnittger, scooter stuff and so on. Great for all concerned.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 03:31:43 PM »
Hi Al
          your guess is as good as mine - I like the idea that Lord Percy is in charge of the spares - maybe Baldrick was in charge when they made the chassis plates instead of being Croydon they spelt it Groydon!!!!!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Mike

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »
Correct keys in cream now available from HTC at £12.50, but you have to be a club member to access their brilliant spares service.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 06:48:02 PM »
Green for Groydon, it all makes sense when you know! £12.50 for the full fat version, bargain. I want £25 for mine at least but then they are from a Zundapp.