Author Topic: Frisky for Sale  (Read 17648 times)

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
Frisky for Sale
« on: January 20, 2011, 03:44:36 PM »

Frisky for Sale     (FR 3210)
Ivan Waltham has owned this Frisky for 22 years but is now having to regretfully reduce his collection and he is keen for it to go to an enthusiast.

It’s a  Frisky Family Three Mark 2 registered in May 1960

Those of you at The National at Malvern will remember seeing it there in the
 Grand Frisky Line up

Ivan lives in Torquay and his phone number is 01803  212781, please ring and leave a message and he will get back to you. (He is` not on the Web)

I will now attempt to attach a picture taken at Malvern, if this fails! Email me and I’ll send you one.

John

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
Re: Frisky for Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
interesting it should be at malvern,as it has a worcester(shire) registration of WP.Hope whoever buys it keeps it as it is rather than doing yet another boring,lifeless over the top restoration.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 10:28:20 PM »
interesting it should be at malvern,as it has a worcester(shire) registration of WP.Hope whoever buys it keeps it as it is rather than doing yet another boring,lifeless over the top restoration.

Agreed.
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 11:04:26 PM »
 Further Agreed! I fell in love with this car, with its brush paint, vynal roof & homemade sidescreens the moment I claped eyes on it at Malvyrn. Its got that certain something thats getting so rare to find these days. Keep it just like it is. Maybe the Black Country Museum should cast their eye on this one rather than the messed-up yellow one they do have.  :)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 12:34:09 PM »
The other Frisky seems to be on split rims. Is that so in which case what is that all about?

Vynal roof, pervy words follow - Avenger..., Marina 1.8 TC.... Nurse, fetch the ice and elephant!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 01:27:29 PM »
The other Frisky seems to be on split rims. Is that so in which case what is that all about?

I noticed that almost Schmitt like. The owner recalled, it had always been so! So it's what ever was available at the time I guess, rather than a later alteration? Another interesting feature of that particular car was that the authentic looking paint, i.e. not overly shiny, as is the trend of many restorations. This was achieved by applying with a roller and rubbing down in between coats.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 07:47:44 PM »
The stud pattern is a match for some other wheels certainly. Some sort of trailer perhaps.

I need rubbing down between applying coats of paint with a roller too..... The effect is good. Older GRP mouldings can take a lot of prep to get a 'modern' standard of finish. I am always impressed at the dedication of folks who do this to cars as I would not have the patience.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 07:53:46 PM »

I need rubbing down between applying coats of paint with a roller too.....

Now there's a restoration project & a half for someone!  ;D   Actully, on second thoughts, you can't get the parts.....   :o

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 08:14:04 PM »
i have said before that i appreciate a car with some original character, but its not always possible. i dont know what he started with but Ray Dilks recent restoration of a Frisky is the best i have ever seen . it was at the nec show recently . it oozes character yet is fully restored - but in the spirit of the 60's not the 2000's anyone got photos of it ?
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 11:58:52 PM »
I took this picture of 458 AWP in 1986 in Perry Bar near Walsall

john

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 10:20:05 AM »
Is that how he made his money. Selling Perry Bars. What is that, a sort of Twix with a layer of jellied Eel?

Interesting pic and it lives to turn a wheel.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2011, 10:47:34 AM »
aah what a shame it lost all that character !  ;D guess you can have too much of a good thing
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

microcarlot

• Occasional
  • Vespa 400 nut from TN
    • Microcarlot
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2011, 05:38:05 PM »
John

Is this car still for sale? How much do they want for it? 

Larry Newberry
www.microcarlot.com

john Meadows

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 07:47:06 PM »
Hi Larry  (microcarlot)
Yes I believe this is still for sale, george is putting together details of the restoration work already done on this car which I understand is quite extensive.
I hope the info I emailed you will give you the info you require on The Meadows Frisky, they are now rare and sort after and its is unusual for such a complete one to come up for sale, parts are now becoming difficult to get. I hope who ever buys this will respect its heritage and not "kit car" it! There are far too few surviving for this to suffer that fate. OK I may be a bit biased but there have been a few too many restored to just look "great"and so loose their authentisity.
I will post his info as soon as I recieve it
The Frisky Register exists to ensure the survival of this little car and help and advice is freely available to any one restoring one
regards  John
PS pity I am not so passionate about my spelling!!

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
hi john its not that bad  ;) but why on earth dont users of this site use the spell check box at the bottom of their message . doesnt mean i wont get it wrong but its there to be used . recently we have had suggestion that a car could be scraped - i presume it meant scrapped but who knows . and yes i know spell check wouldnt help as they are both legit words