Author Topic: Villier/Bond engine on eBay  (Read 2006 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Villier/Bond engine on eBay
« on: January 22, 2011, 10:34:10 AM »
I bid on this engine to a value far in advance of the auction, I forget exact figure but say £250. Low, in a day I was outbid. A look at the bid record and a new eBayer had inched up and over my bid, then retracted the bid before another bid was placed by a nil feedback bidder over mine. Happy I was not going to buy the engine I retracted my bid. Over the next day the other bid was retracted and another bidder dropped out as well so we got back to £43, nigh on where we started. I am getting a little fed up with these games. Very little is a straight sale on eBay these days. If this is there attitude to selling the engine is probably not as described so I do not want it now. I buy very little on eBay and it is getting less!
Selling, I have 3 items not bought by the highest bidder out of 10 items sold over Chrimbo. So the incentive to leave an auction running rather than take a good cash offer is high and I do. Ebay loose out but it is there own fault for poor structuring and not chucking the idiots and twisters off the site.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

P50

• Prolific Poster
Re: Villier/Bond engine on eBay
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:52:03 AM »
High value stuff take the highest cash punt.

No final value fees so who's moaning?  EVILbay are understandably greedy. Like all corps. Slowly but surely they've made a rod..

More annoyingly it'd drenched in Chinese made or forwarded shyte. 

Tip.  Only buy from known UK sellers for normal stuff.   Very difficult to return stuff as I found when I bought a phone case..   
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »
Nice Peel piccy, only just noticed.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 12:51:25 PM »
Thank you very much.

I'm now looking forward to scoots to scoot! Hopefully the big end won't protest after 6 miles like JMG did..

"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
The result of the Villiers auction was £112 odd and no where near what I was going to, and left, as bid. Did it sell? If so then the seller has kicked himself in the nuts. If not no doubt it will reappear. Did not get a Kart or Tractor either and one of those was on sale for a second time. Meantime I have bought a Heinkel engine, well I have not enough of them, and a couple of microcars out of deposit. Nothing to do with eBay but all to do with cash money. Pathetic.