Author Topic: Can I measure somebody's Heinkel?  (Read 3345 times)

adi

• Quite Chatty
Can I measure somebody's Heinkel?
« on: January 24, 2011, 12:26:55 AM »
Is there anybody here who has a Heinkel, and wouldn't mind letting me measure various bits of it sometime?

I need some very detieled measurments of various things, and to generally see how it all goes togethe

I am in Dorset, so the closer to here the better, but the UK is pretty small anyway, so its not really a problem for me to get almost anywhere.

It would be really useful if i could see a real live Heinkel and get some measurments.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Can I measure somebody's Heinkel?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 07:55:55 AM »
I had to do the same with my Trojan! I am in Central/ South East London, just off the Old Kent Road, and you are welcome to visit. The only thing is that my car had rotted away to such an extent that some measurements ended up having to be educated guesses!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 12:26:20 PM »
Dave, Trojan Archive Trust, lives just down the road and has info and new parts to copy. I have a Heinkel 175 accessableish if Dave's cars are not accessable. Marc is not far away either if in the country. All this in Oxfordshire, make it Saturday and you can join us for DP's in the evening.

Not sure of your nearest Treinkelnaut these days.

Big Al
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 07:09:41 PM »
We have two Heinkels in the Hammond Collection in Kent. You would be welcome anytime but need to ring and set a day and time first please.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

adi

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2011, 10:36:24 AM »
I had to do the same with my Trojan! I am in Central/ South East London, just off the Old Kent Road, and you are welcome to visit. The only thing is that my car had rotted away to such an extent that some measurements ended up having to be educated guesses!

We have two Heinkels in the Hammond Collection in Kent. You would be welcome anytime but need to ring and set a day and time first please.  Jean

PM sent.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
sorry ?  :-\
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Rob Dobie

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »
  "Personal Message"  ;D
Ain't got nuffink now except memories.

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2011, 08:47:23 PM »
aah thank  Rob  ;)  keep well
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977