Author Topic: Retromobile 2011  (Read 8423 times)

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
Retromobile 2011
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:29:50 PM »
Hi All
        I'm of to the Retromobile Show in Paris on Wed this week ( the first day of the show ) If there's anything you want me to look out for - I will try and find it for you - is anybody else going?
                                                                                                                                                                                      Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Retromobile 2011
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 05:56:04 PM »
Hi Mike. I'm giving it a miss this year. Saving my money for one or two events later in the year. Is it by Eurostar or car this year? You could bring me back some of those yummy pastries and a nice piece of brie! Have fun, I have always enjoyed it.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »
Dear Mike

Lucky man to have the time to attend such events mid week. I will be stuck up in 34 Housing Association lofts in the cold dark environment that is a loft.

If you see anything of interest please take some good photograps for Rumcar News

Have fun

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 07:29:36 PM »
always enjoyed what bob ? the show or the brie ?  :) one avolette and a rollera please mike . will settle up when i see you on sunday - enjoy
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 08:06:28 PM »
Hi Bob
            I'm going by Eurostar this time cost £69 return not bad for a day out in Paris.
                                                                                                                                        Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:51:04 PM »
Richard.. The pastries of course!!

Mike, good idea just going for the day, keeps the cost down, if I had known I may have tagged along. Maybe next year.

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 09:45:19 PM »
Mike,

Well, since you're offering, I'm always interested in KV/KVS stuff.  In particular I'd like a copy of the green version of the owner's manual:

I've got a couple of copies of the orange version, but it's for the earlier full-convertible body style.  Really, though, pretty much any KV/KVS items would be welcome.  I don't know what prices are like there, but I'm prepared to go well into the high end of stupid and perhaps even into the lower reaches of insane.
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 09:51:43 PM »
all very well for you darn sarff but for us up nawff it would cost more than that to get to the eurostar to start your euro journey . there are compensations of course but wouldnt it be nice to visit europe more often its not just the expense of course but the time off work as well.
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 10:14:26 PM »
Dear Dickie

As you say there are compensations. You can probably see the isle of Mann from your toilet window and getting to the TT for the day is no problem. For us down south such things are a pilgrimage.

Chris Thomas

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 10:23:09 PM »
funny never been to the TT . but being a keen motorcyclist , now have 2006 Triumph Bonneville but have had AJS and Matchless for many years , i have been to the Manx GP many times . and even went for the day on the ferry with my son to collect Bond Minicar spares for my 1949 mark A LHD.

sure the pastries are not up to french patisserie standards though

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 10:31:01 PM »
Didnt know you had bikes too.  How can you own a Bonny and like those awfull HD's at the same time? I notice nothing Italian on your list.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 10:33:40 PM by Bob Purton »

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2011, 01:37:51 PM »
Hi Bob
          I'm back form the show - what a let down - I understand new owners have taken to running the show concentrating on modern cars so we had a selection of Renault 4 Nissan 260 and some Citroen and Pequots for the 80's to present day. there were no micros there at all there were a one fiat 500 and a selection of Citroen 2CV. there were only two brochure dealers and the autojumble seemed half the size of last year and not all together just scattered around where there was a spare place.
   Consequently the show took me 2 hours to look at everything so I took myself of to the shops - I did get the pastries and the Brie cheese for you but unfortunately I eat the Pastries and the Brie and Emmeltal cheese is in the fridge.
  Big AL seems a bit quiet this week - he must be on holiday - looking forward to you picking up the cheese.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2011, 02:16:25 PM »
Hi Mike. Sorry to hear that about the show. I wonder if the management will get the message and return it to form next year? Thats a shame, we will have to find another destination for pilgrimage.

Im assuming you are pulling my leg about the cheese but in case you are not, let me know and I will drop by and settle up.  Cheers, Bob

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 07:05:01 PM »
Hi Bob
           There was as many people there as there was in the previos years - perhaps the French like there modern cars , and I'm too old fashoned - the RUM car news has a lot of modern cars in it now. There was a few of the "top end" sales stands with there 200 to 300 thousands pound cars - thy only have to sell one to make there trip worthwile.
  I did buy you the chese I your not giong to come to pick it up maybe I'll eat it myself.
                                                                                                                                                    Mike

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 07:17:10 PM »
hi mike sorry about the show . also the grammar TEN grammar or spelling mistakes in three lines !! you must still be very tired  ;D SPELLCHECK . Jonathans are always bad but i take that as being a sloppy teenager  :'(