Author Topic: Retromobile 2011  (Read 8282 times)

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
Re: Retromobile 2011
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 08:48:34 PM »
Hi Richard
               That's what Disphasia causes - you know that I have a quarter of my brain disfuncinal - brought on my overtiredness - and I pressed the send button instead of the spellcheck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                                                              Mike

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 09:19:50 PM »
i think perhaps i must be short in the brain department - but by stupidity not illness . i am extremely sorry mike
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 09:52:13 PM »
Hi Mike. No no! I will come and get the cheese! Will it keep until next week? I have to meet a client at the clackets lane services so I can make a detour on the way back. Not sure which day yet. I can bring the Nobel gear shift rod I have for you at the same time. Will give you a call. Thanks for remembering me, I take cheese very seriously!   Cheers, Bob

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2011, 10:12:46 AM »
more cheese grommit ?  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 12:36:22 PM »
Ho Ho!! Not Wensleydale though.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2011, 01:03:57 PM »
I can bring the Nobel gear shift rod

Told you it would come in handy, swapping it for a lump of cheese seems a fair bargain!  ;D

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 07:26:03 PM »
Mostly MODERN cars at RETROmoble?
And people call me mad! Wibble wibble wibble!

Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 11:56:56 AM »
Mostly MODERN cars at RETROmoble?
And people call me mad! Wibble wibble wibble!

Retro styling. Taking a successfull style icon and/or product and making a modern pile of crap that looks like it as most stylists have run out of new ideas. Marketing, well they started it so if no one goes to new car type shows anymore to look at the rubbish that is made so lets nick a few successfull brandnames and use them instead. A marketing con is a marketing con even if it is an old one.
I notice as sales slacken in the recession so does what constitutes a Collectors Car for sales in the media. The retro effect. A 5 year old car is not a collectors item and officially a Classic has to be pre 1973 here does it not. Free tax etc. Kick that class out of eBay on Other Classics - the interesting bit - and pick from the 75 cars for sale! Ban Muppets and we are down to about 40 cars. On this basis it is worth having a PC in the toilet as you can sift out the interesting stuff voiding the rest in an appropriate environment before taking to your desk for serious and comfortable perusal.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs