Author Topic: isetta chassis reqd.  (Read 4830 times)

Mossie

• Just Starting
isetta chassis reqd.
« on: February 05, 2011, 01:24:37 PM »
Hi all,

i am after a LHD four wheeled chassis for a isetta 300 if anyone has one for sale or knows of one could they pass my No. on . My number is 0781 4392030 i am in Hampshire .

kind regards

Mossie

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
Re: isetta chassis reqd.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 02:49:11 PM »
Hi Mossie
               what type of chassis you are seeking - is it the early type 1955 -56 or the flat suspension type 1956 - 57 or the upright type 1957 til the end of production.
                                                                                                                                                                                   Mike

Mossie

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:50:48 AM »
Hi  G-o-g-g-o ,

Sorry for the delay , it was registered in Jan 1960  so it is the later chassis i am after , doesnt matter what condition its in if you have one .... Can you Help me at all ?

Kind Regards

Mossie.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 12:02:24 PM »
Hi Morrie
              I bought two cars some 15 years ago one was a 4 wheeler and one a three wheeler - I think the four wheeler was the middle type as that is what I've got in my collection so the flat suspensoin type - no use to you - are you trying to convert a three wheeler to a four wheeler? it's not that easy!!!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                     Mike

Mossie

• Just Starting
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 01:06:06 PM »
Hi  G-o-g-g-o ,

yes i am trying to convert a  3 to  a  4 wheeler .   You say its not that easy , have you done it  and if so how difficult is it , can you give me any details of problems that i may come across.

i beleive the only difference between 3 an 4 is the on the cross member at the rear which supports  the axle on a 4 wheeler  , am i correct ? engine mounts are all as a 3  i think !!

regards

Mossie

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:47:26 PM »
Hi Mossie
              I assume you have got the 4 wheeler drive and the shock absorbers - mudguards, and wheels - I have only worked on my earlier car and the rear wheels are different to the front ones - you have to put the proper size tyres on it - there are a lot of small bits and pieces to convert it - what manual are you using.

Mossie

• Just Starting
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 04:39:54 PM »
Hi G-o-g-g-o,

I am hoping i will be able to get some shocks , axle etc.  off  a contact but it is the chassis thats proving hard to get .   I was unaware the rear wheels are different sizes, but didnt know if you had any contacts or  anyone else with a chassis to sell ?     i heard that around 57' onwards they are basicallyl the same and its not too difficult to change over . what small bits do you mean and did you do yours or do you know anyone who has done one .

regards

mossie

steven mandell

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2011, 10:05:12 AM »
Hi Mossie,
I've got what you are looking for here in los Angeles.  It is a 1958 nonrusted chassis, and body for that matter except someone cut off the roof and the glass is gone.  Apparently they were aiming to make a true convertible out of it, but got wise a little late in the game
Steve