Author Topic: bambycars is back  (Read 4862 times)

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
bambycars is back
« on: February 12, 2011, 04:19:18 PM »
with the vast interest we have had in our minimicros and orders taken,we decided it would be to our advantage to form a limited company. a search at companies house revealed BAMBYCARS LTD was available,, so we bought it and now are building our cars under the bambycars name. we have some BIG plans for some little cars over the next few years and have just started work on the "buck" for a 2/3rds isetta. look out for us at various shows over the summer and get your order in!  :) 

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
Re: bambycars is back
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 05:15:41 PM »
with the vast interest we have had in our minimicros and orders taken,we decided it would be to our advantage to form a limited company. a search at companies house revealed BAMBYCARS LTD was available,, so we bought it and now are building our cars under the bambycars name. we have some BIG plans for some little cars over the next few years and have just started work on the "buck" for a 2/3rds isetta. look out for us at various shows over the summer and get your order in!  :) 

Nice! You should also make some bambi "replicas" just with the original name :)
How many minimicros have you sold? I guess quite a few because of the interest.
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

Daniel Rodd

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 02:22:10 PM »
there must be a lot of rich people out there lol,i couldnt afford to spend what the minimicros cost on a real car,let a lone a toy :'(

daughter of bamby

• Chatty
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 03:21:26 PM »
very few are going to children,we have found that they are being purchased by collectors as an investment and to sit in there collections.i personally dont have a problem with that as they are far too nice for kids anyway.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 08:01:11 AM »
The buyer profile does not surprise me. Them's as have money have lots of it. Those who have not have a problem which is not going to be much easier for a time sadly. Some of the buyers of Bambycars Ltd will also be buying those supercars that Top Gear rave over. Neither vehicle is destined to be used as a car and toys are best kept off the road anyway. All that legislation can be ignored and folk can have pretty much what they want. Success was purely down to selling the concept into a market that probably had not thought of the product and I hope it is the success it looks like it is going to be. Will we see a Parkin RC Schmitt chasing a Bandi on a stick followed by a Bambycar and Dad in his Schmitt? Is the next modal a giant Schmitt?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 03:09:43 PM »
The buyer profile does not surprise me. Them's as have money have lots of it. Those who have not have a problem which is not going to be much easier for a time sadly. Some of the buyers of Bambycars Ltd will also be buying those supercars that Top Gear rave over. Neither vehicle is destined to be used as a car and toys are best kept off the road anyway. All that legislation can be ignored and folk can have pretty much what they want. Success was purely down to selling the concept into a market that probably had not thought of the product and I hope it is the success it looks like it is going to be. Will we see a Parkin RC Schmitt chasing a Bandi on a stick followed by a Bambycar and Dad in his Schmitt? Is the next modal a giant Schmitt?

Funny you said that, at the last Mannheim veterama, I saw loads of parts that would make a great giant schmitt!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi