Author Topic: Where's Marcus?  (Read 3269 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Where's Marcus?
« on: February 18, 2011, 05:44:02 PM »
Its unusual not to have heard from Marcus lately, I do hope he has not found himself locked out like the others were.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:10:39 PM by Bob Purton »

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
Re: Where's Marcus?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 08:03:54 PM »
Hi Bob
           I spoke to Marcus yesterday and he is working very hard on a new project - His computer won't connect up to the internet and until he gets it fixed you will not be hearing from him - he is not in the "Oxfordshire triangle" !!!!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                   Mike

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 09:46:30 AM »
I went out to see if the Northern Lights or 'All the Bored Aliens' was visable. No, lots of clouds were and a UFO from Essex, alledgedly. I disagreed as I did not think they used saucers over in Essex but there you go. Looked more Yorkshire to me as it had stains on it like it had been drunk from (mind you Staines is Middlesex, for which I wish they would get treatment). I felt an Essex one would be cigar shaped. If it were Bob's a bit of two stroke smoke just to finish the effect. Out voted anyway so we are officially blaming Essex for the Oxford Triangle on the basis that any problem is not the responsibility of the persons effected. We will ignore the proximity of three Government evesdropping centres (!) and any other pertinent evidence.
Seriously though it was rather odd that it was a localised event.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 07:30:45 PM »
Alive and well, but have been having huge battles with computer, BT and bank, as well as being very busy.
Squeak and I have old eMacs whose screens keep cutting out due to failing inverters, an easy but expensive fix. We found some adapters to allow them to work with external monitors. These adapters suit all Macs and PCs. That's what they always tell you, but of course they do not work with eMacs, so we had to get adapter adapters to fit the adapters between Mac and Monitor. They duly arrived and Squeak is now up and running and is sending the other 2 to me to get my Mac back in action, so having to borrow computers as and when possible.

Our phone lines in our yard hang illegally low, are made of wall cable, not aerial cable for hanging from posts, and they rub on 2 rooftops and on the corner of another building. They were like that when we moved in, and although phones were not affected Broadband is MUCH more sensitive to rubbibg and other line problems. Over the last decade 8 engineers have been round, and filed reports saying the lines are illegal, dangerous, incorrect cable which has stretched and frayed and must be replaced urgently. Their reports brought out 4 BT Inspectors who all put in requisitions for immediate work. Finally 2 weeks ago about 12 BT phone and Broadband users in the yard all told BT that we were going to withold payment of all bills until the lines were fixed. It finally happened on Sunday and Monday this week, and by the end of next week my computer should be going again, and our BT Broadband is now back to normal...i.e very slow!

As for Santander....iit starts with their software demanding an "authorised Zip Code and State" for London and from there it goes rapidly downhill into farcical levels of unbelievable uselessness. It automatically changes the spelling and layout of my name, then sends my statements to someone whose name looks like the " auto-Americanised" version of my name, adds my name to someone else's account, sends other things for me to strangers at an address I have never lived at or given, chews up my cash card for no reason, then sends me 3 replacements in a row which do not work, then finally denies that I ever ordered replacement cash cards. You cannot make it up!

I reckon it must be EDS software, which also broke down on the Inland Revenue, Child Support Agency, National Health, Education Department, Home Office, MOD etc etc.

Anyway, hello everyone, hope to be back regularly fairly soon, and hope you are all being good boys and girls and not talking behind my back. And if I return to find you lot have hogged all the Tunnocks in my absence there will be a hissy fit!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »
Hi Marcus. Welcome back, Al thought you had been abducted by a two stroke alien ship from deepest Essex, makes no sense? No change there then!
Dont get me started on Santander, are they not the most useless bank to have ever blighted the high street!! Useless, Useless , Useless!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope you get everthing back on track soon.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:10:16 AM »
Perhaps Santander scripted my last message? Looks like a warning worth taking and to avoid our friendly local Spanish high street Bank. Might be time io invest in Iceland again soon as at least we know they are starting from skint.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 03:56:49 PM »
About 3 weeks ago Santander sent me a free Space Pen as a "sorry". For the continuing and rapidly worsening problems for my next apology gift I am expecting a bit more valuable. Perhaps a Space Shuttle for me to use the pen in. The Supervisor yesterday was adamant that I had not ordered the 3rd replacement card, just the Pin Number. I asked him whose word he believed, mine or his computer. I said "Computer says no" and took the mickey out of him. I told him that I was beside the cashier at the podium near the door, looking at the monitor with her and watching my card order appear on screen. He siad it cannot have because it is not showing on the system. I said his own colleague ordered it and I saw the order..."computer says no". I then asked him why the hell (after 3 card have been retained by the machine) would she and I want to order just a pin number without a card to use it on. Hesaid "All I can go on is what the computer says". I said, "Your computer also removed £200 from my account 5 weeks ago and has still not replaced it, it keeps messing up, and it crashes almost every week why can you not understand that it is faulty?"

Banks..up against...walll...revolution...!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face