Author Topic: Anyone know of the Beer advert with a Heinkel in it?  (Read 22008 times)

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
Re: Anyone know of the Beer advert with a Heinkel in it?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 01:06:04 PM »
obviously ! you can see it stuffed under his shirt  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2011, 09:11:01 AM »
He got there before Ossie Osbourne!
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »
hi jonathan as no sign of a piece of film yet surely nick must have taken some photo's of the submarine - lets have a peep eh  ;) i've shown you mine , now show me yours  :D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Jonathan Poll

• Jonny One Nob
  • Prolific Poster
  • Nobel 200 Anorak
    • Nobel 200 Restoration
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2011, 08:02:55 PM »
hi jonathan as no sign of a piece of film yet surely nick must have taken some photo's of the submarine - lets have a peep eh  ;) i've shown you mine , now show me yours  :D

Um, I realised it wasnt my dads car actually, it was a friends one, Nevill.
However, my dads old TG500 was in a TV show!
Cars: Messerschmitt KR200, Nobel 200
Mopeds:
- Peugeot BB3SP, BB3T, BB3 "BITZA", BB VT, BB104,  TSA, Bima Luxe,
- Motobecane: 50V, M7 SL, 51 Club, EV50
- Other mopeds: Malaguti Superquattro, Solex 2200, Puch Monza, Puch Maxi

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2011, 08:19:53 PM »
but does anyone have photos of the heinkel submarine

Greentop

• Just Starting
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 09:36:08 PM »
The Freddie star car today....
but does anyone have photos of the heinkel submarine

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 11:01:12 PM »
Glad its surfaced. So its in a pen still and the tallboys missed.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 11:40:51 PM »
it was FANTASTIC - don't let it be dissembled !!another pic to follow if I can find it  :)

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2015, 08:02:14 AM »
Hello Greentop! Amazing that it has survived!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Greentop

• Just Starting
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2015, 09:32:19 PM »
My boss bought it after the advert...he put it in a barn at one of his farms where it stayed for many years.. Unfortunately the guy at the farm didn't tell us the roof was leaking then finally it gave way.. Sadly my boss passed away this year and now we are sorting everything out but unsure wot to do with the car....

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2015, 10:40:03 PM »
Well I would love to know more ! I think we found that the advert was only ever seen in the north-west so is that where you are? To my mind that TV campaign is part of the cars history , then again something's lost already as we had it down as a very early Heinkel with rod gear change - super rare but that registration is quite a bit later . Love it and please keep it as ze Bavarian lager kommand

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 07:46:33 AM »
Seem to remember it was a 175. Restored it could happily go in the Keswick museum or some such, as a whimsy. If it is a rod change, a difficult restoration to get right as it will be differing in quite a few ways from the later cars. Easier to perhaps stay modified.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 08:07:23 AM »
Tough one; a super rare early rod-change Heinkel nicely restored would be very desirable and worth a fair bit. A piece of history.

Restored nicely but remaining as the Beery U Boat special it would certainly be unique and interesting. A piece of history.

I would not want to have to make that choice, both are equally right, but both prevent the other!

The Haynes Motor Museum at Sparkford has two Heinkels (one might be a Trojan) the earlier one has the original smaller rear cowl over the engine, I wonder if that is a rod-change model.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 09:50:43 AM »
The Sparkford car used to be Mick Leeson's old car, RAA. Yes it was a coal scuttle 175. They bought a sort of metallic red Trojan? from the owner of an Ice Cream (Italian) business over on the Isle of Thanet. Masseralli, or something along those lines, as well. Nice guy. It was a good looking car but not 100% original.
Now I thought that the Leeson car was sold, got split from its correct engine and generally mucked about in the shuffle. So if it is still in Sparkford, and unmolested, I would be a happy chappy, as that car was very important for the Treinkel movement in the early days. It set a standard of presentation and use that encouraged others to equal. He was a big loss to the whole scene when he died, more years ago than I care to remember. He was a person that made things happen and motivated others to do things. I felt him looking over my shoulder, last weekend, at the disproportionately long line of Treinkels, compared to the more common marques. He would have loved that. And it is down to him, in part, that they were there in numbers, in use. More than that, Mick was one of my best friends in Microcars, so its also personal.

Mick's low mileage KR200 is owned by the MOC. Mick's daily KR200 is still owned by another best mate, Fletch. I still own a Mick KR. Such are the things we build, and bought well, to outlive us, sometimes owned jealously because of their history if for no other reason.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 10:46:01 AM »
The name Mick Leeson sounded familiar to me. I suddenly remembered why:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Leeson